PDA

View Full Version : Here Kitty Kitty Kitty !

5BassReaper7
09-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Monday 09-13-10 i was sitting back watching football when my buddy called and said lets hit the duct he has the fever. Went got my poles and headed out to AV got to our first spot and i started throwing my brand new KPN lure that i bought since i lost my other one couple days ago. the water is real low and running i mean salad like no tomorrow i walked back and forth nothing but salad i pulled so much moss out that i left trails. came back and i said im going to try my luck on them kitties got my other pole set it up n in the water it goes im useing chicken liver and i got a 10oz weight on there and the current was bring it to side like its nothing. not even 10 mins had passed where i got bite. my bell starts ringing like a fire alarm and i set the hook and out comes the kitty it was 2lbs and i re-bait and and my line is out there again 25 mins later my bell starts ringing again and out comes 2nd kitty this one 1 lbs. i guess after the 2nd one came out it died out. I beat the skunk finally after a long time. i forgot my camera at home so i took the pictures when i was about to gut em.

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Congrats on punkin da skunk.....corn meal...deep fry......='s delicious !

Nice job : )

Gary

5BassReaper7
09-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Congrats on punkin da skunk.....corn meal...deep fry......='s delicious !

Nice job : )

Gary

thanks gary i sure will

yolo
09-15-2010, 03:42 PM
10 oz weight :) It's actually the moss that's collecting on the line that is probably making the line buoyant and it is floating it to the side. Way to beat the skunk though. Actually being close to the edge with the bait is not a bad thing for the catfish. Much food collects at the concrete seems under water and your bait too most likely worked its way to the seam before settling and the fish know where to find the food.

yolo
09-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Forgot to mention that it must have been interesting to pull up the line after 10 to 20 minutes of it being bombarded with moss. How many times did you have to clean your rod tip bringing the fish in?

5BassReaper7
09-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Forgot to mention that it must have been interesting to pull up the line after 10 to 20 minutes of it being bombarded with moss. How many times did you have to clean your rod tip bringing the fish in?

probably 10 times or more and i forgot to adjust my brake system on my reel and the current pushed my line past the buoy line and i was pretty far away from the buoys too i think what saved my a** was my test line real big for the duct i had to put my old trolling reel on with 30lb test line and i took my original reel to get it all touched up and cleaned .. ya first time since a long time i had that happen but it died out i was like ill call it a night