PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin/Moabi Regional Park Area

a321eric
09-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Has anyone fished that stretch where the peninsula campgrounds are. I am going to be staying there this weekend and gonna do some fishing from shore and maybe tube the cove that is deeper in side the moabi park. i will be mostly targetting lmb but a report on the stripers and lmb would be very helpful....thanks

Eric

yolo
09-15-2010, 12:07 PM
All the peninsula sites have been good for some schoolie stripers. Fish right off the rock points on your peninsula spot. Across from peninsula site 5 on the AZ side is a good spot. Always caught the larger variety there. Moabi is the best camping on the river if you are fortunate to score a peninsula site. I used to camp there religiously. Have not been back in a few years because I bough a getaway pad in Fort Mohave so no reason to camp anymore. I heard they made a lot of improvements at Moabi since I last visited. You will have a blast there.

a321eric
09-15-2010, 12:15 PM
ya we go every year and have a blast. we kind of grandfather the peninsulas and go like 3 times a year. How's the current right now? i will probably just float some chovies at night....how much weight will i need to balance out the current but not anchor my bait lol. last time i was there i snorkled the little beach areas between the peninsulas and seen quite a few 5# bass. ill probably fish the early morning and see what happens...thanks for the info though. im not sure what peninsula we are on this year.

yolo
09-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Did they go back to grandfathering the peninsula sites. I had site P12 for like 14 years, maybe more back in the day and then they changed their policy to everyone having to call in to reserve. Before it was if you had the site, you could reserve for the following year before you went home. As you can guess, most likely everyone did that and it was the same people getting it for the Holidays. I had Memorial weekend every year for 14+ years on P12. If those bushes could talk, LOL.

I always used a C-rig with 3/4oz egg sinker. Have caught some nice, full tail trout on chovies fishing for stripers off the peninsulas too.

a321eric
09-15-2010, 05:29 PM
did you throw the c-rig off of the peninsula point or down in the little beach areas...and was it chovies or nitecrawlers?

yolo
09-16-2010, 06:12 AM
Chovies off the peninsula rocks/point.

a321eric
09-16-2010, 08:40 AM
thanks man ill let you know how it goes