PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me. I have sinned....

maxpowers
07-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Hello All,

Today I committed a sin in keeping a 20" corbina to give to a friend. I have never kept a corbina in my life and felt bad about killing this one. Also had a huge fish came unbuttoned at the hook because I was too lazy to tie the hook correctly :x (I tied a clinched knot in the dark last night and forgot about it.) From the initial run it may have been another huge corbina or a halibut. It was a soft bite and a long run before the knot slipped. Anyway I have to keep this spot on the low down as the fishing pressure will definitely kill it. PM me if you want to know the where and how.

Mike

JohnG
07-26-2007, 09:22 AM
It's alot better than keeping a 9" bean. Fishing the HB pier I see that all the time. Gets me pretty mad, but what can I say? Of course I do feel free to make fun of the butchers. Let 'em spawn, once at least!

If there is any fish which should have a size limit...

Just for the record, I have kept some Corb's in my life. One about the size of yours, 3 years ago. Delicious! When I was a kid, couple/few decades ago, we used to feast on them. That was a different time. Today I'm nearly total C&R, but there is certainly an occasional exception.

I used to live in an area where the Corbina are regularly larger, and seeing people keep those dinks, just kills me.

buttface
07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Hello All,

Today I committed a sin in keeping a 20" corbina to give to a friend. I have never kept a corbina in my life and felt bad about killing this one. Also had a huge fish came unbuttoned at the hook because I was too lazy to tie the hook correctly :x (I tied a clinched knot in the dark last night and forgot about it.) From the initial run it may have been another huge corbina or a halibut. It was a soft bite and a long run before the knot slipped. Anyway I have to keep this spot on the low down as the fishing pressure will definitely kill it. PM me if you want to know the where and how.

Mike

10 hail mary's and 5 our fathers and you shal be forgiven...