PDA

View Full Version : Santa Barbara 9/12

Brian_GSC
09-13-2010, 02:43 PM
I was able to slip away for the morning. It had been a while since I fished the Santa Barbara area so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Got to the spot at 6am to overcast, and slight breeze. Low tide. Water quality looked fishy. After an hour of slow fishing my bait gets SLAMMED and my reel is screaming. After almost getting spooled twice I get color...SEABASS!!! After a few more short runs I was able to land it... JUST short--taped out at 27".

Shortly after that my buddy gets slammed and after a few minutes his line broke. ouch.

We fished for a few more hours and got one short 20" halibut. Overall, a slow day. The water seemed to be a little cooler than usual for this time of year.

Wingnut
09-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Nice work Brian... congrats on the WSB! :Envious:
Thanks for the invite but we were on a special mission ourselves. :Wink:
Hope to to fish with you soon bro. :Cool:
Redskins baby! :Big Grin: Sorry about your Broncos... :Neutral:

murrieta angler
09-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Nice job landing the WSB Brian.
The one that got away?!?
Thanks for the Northern report,
Robert

bones
09-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Great Job on the Northern assault there buddy. Seems like the WSB up there aren't bothered by the cold temps like the ones down south here. Arthur always seems to get into them from the surf up there as well. Still havn't got mine though. Sorry about your buddy's loss...he will get her next time.

Thanks for the report!

flyngby
09-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Nice surf session Brian!

A couple of nice fights cumming up just short will be sufficient reason to revisit the spot! Sorry about your buddy loss!