PDA

View Full Version : New "elkhorn" fly fishing gear

catchandrelease53
09-12-2010, 06:55 PM
If you are not familiar with Elkhorn Fly Fishing Rods and Reels you may be spending too much time in the back-country!!

lol

This is some of the finest gear on the planet and I have the best deals anywhere!

I have rods from 1/2 weight to 12 wt. and reels from .5 wt. to 10 wt.

I even have a couple of SUPER-NICE split bamboo rods with CLASSIC style reels.

If you are in the market for some quality fly fishing gear at discount prices this is the real deal!!

Send me a phone number or an email address.

Let me know what you are looking for and I will give you the best price available ANYWHERE!!

I can send photos if you need them.

Here is a list of what I have for sale.

RODS:

"Just because a fly rod is beautiful, durable, and affordable doesn't mean it must compromise its artistic integrity with a hefty price tag. From its superior grade Portuguese cork grips to its quality polished nickel-silver reel seats, Elkhorn rods are hand built by expert crafts people into aesthetically-pleasing works of art".

TRAVELER 7' 1WT. 3PC. $150 (2 EA.)
TRAVELER 8' 2WT. 4PC. $160 (2 EA.)
TRAVELER 7'6" 3WT 3PC. $150
TRAVELER 8' 3WT. 4PC. $160
TRAVELER 9' 3WT. 4PC. $160

NOMAD 8' 3WT. 4PC. $150
NOMAD 8'6" 4WT. 4PC. $150
NOMAD 8'6" 5WT. 4PC. $160

UL PACK SERIES 8'6" 4WT. 7PC. $200
UL PACK SERIES 9' 5WT. 7PC. $200

BIG GAME SERIES 9' 7WT. 3PC. $200
BIG GAME SERIES 9' 8WT. 3PC. $210
BIG GAME SERIES 9' 9WT. 3PC. $220
BIG GAME SERIES 9' 10WT. 3PC. $230

TW0-HANDED SPEY 11' 5/6WT. 4PC. $290
TWO-HANDED SPEY 12'4" 6/7WT. 3PC. $275

SPLIT-CANE BAMBOO 7' 4WT. 2PC. $450
SPLIT-CANE BAMBOO 7'6" 4WT. 2PC. $450

ALL RODS HAVE HARD CASES AND THEY ARE BRAND NEW WITH TAGS AND WARRANTIES!!

REELS--ALL BRAND NEW WITH NEOPRENE REEL CASES:

"All Elkhorn reels are fully machine-cut from aircraft-quality aluminum billet stock for supreme strength and maximum corrosion resistance. Low inertia drag systems result in minimum startup resistance. Precision sealed ball bearings glide over a polished chromium alloy spindle to create the silky smooth drag and retrieve that our reels have built their reputation upon. There are no other machined reels that compete with an Elkhorn, guaranteed."

ELKHORN ECP-1 1/2/3WT. PEWTER $120 (2 EA.)

ELKHORN CLASSIC SERIES (to pair with split cane rods):

Nostalgic Design
"Elkhorn Classic Series reels are manufactured to replicate reels of much higher cost from days gone by, yet offer the same look and feel of these beautifully crafted reels. Machined from billet stock, these reels feature an authentic click/pawl drag system sure to please even the most discriminating purist".

Perfect match for bamboo rods

CL-1 2/3/4WT $275
CL-2 4/5/6WT $290

ELKHORN MA (Mega-Arbor--All Pewter Color) SERIES:

Synthetic Disk Drag System
"MA stands for maximum arbor which translates to faster line pickup and minimum line coil. These beautiful reels are fully machined with multiple lightening ports to remove excess material without compromising strength. And these reels incorporate our proven disk drag system. The result is an ultra-light reel with workhorse stopping power"
MA-0.5 0/1/2WT. $175 (2 EA.)
MA-1 3/4WT. $185 (2 EA.)
MA-2 5/6WT. $195 (2 EA.)
MA-3 7/8WT. $205

ELKHORN T SERIES (Large Arbor):

"The Elkhorn T-Series reel is a mid-arbor reel that features an over-sized cork-on-Delrin disk drag system for deep, smooth, controlled stopping power. This proven drag design ranges from free spinning to absolute brute force strength. A perfect choice for fresh or saltwater applications at a sensible price"
T-1 PEWTER 2/3/4wt. $125
T-1 RASPBERRY 2/3/4WT. $145
T-2 PEWTER 5/6WT. $135 (2 EA.)
T-3 PEWTER 7/8WT. $155 (2 EA.)
T-4 PEWTER 9/10/11/12WT. $200
T-4 DARK BLUE 9/10/11/12WT. $220

EXTRA SPOOLS--ALL $99.00--ALL PEWTER
MA-0.5, MA-1 (2 EA.), MA-2, MA-3, T-2 (2 EA.), T-3, T-4

TESTEMONIAL #1

Huw Davies, Elkhorn two weight Traveler
Hi there, guys! I just wanted to say "Great job!" with the Traveler series! I've been fishing a St. Croix Legend Ultra 2wt for dry flies, the last couple of years - and thought it was a very nice rod. This winter I purchased the 8' 2wt Traveler series - and found I'd been missing out! Very nice - light, accurate, responsive - brings out the best in a small fish's fight, but can handle larger fish when called upon (like the 19'' Cutthroat that surprised me recently, while casting a #16 Elk Hair Caddis on my home waters). I upline the rod with a light 3wt line (a Cortland Clear Creek) and find it a perfect match. I recently guided a gentleman from Great Britain, and gave him the Elkhorn (almost reluctantly!) to try out - and he wouldn't give it back - ha ha! I eventually traded him a return trip out of the backwoods of Vancouver Island to get that rod back into my possession. Anyway - thanks again for producing such a fine product - it's quality and craftsmanship pretty much speak for themselves when its taken in hand. Best regards, Huw Davies Campbell River, BC, Canada.

TESTEMONIAL #2

Barry Lockton, ET904-4 four weight on the San Juan
"Steve , My Elkhorn 9’ – 4 wt travel rod has repeatedly proven to be my best rod on the San Juan River below the Navajo Dam. The rod’s moderate-to-fast action provides the fast action needed to accurately present the fly in windy conditions, yet the critically important flex and dampening ability in the tip section to successfully land large (16 to 26 inch) trout caught on very small barbless midges (size 22 to 26) and light tippets (6X and 7X) without breaking off. This past week I landed at least 90 percent of my fish without breaking-off, while I observed several fisherman break-off repeatedly due both to too fast a rod and improperly playing these “monster” trout. On my first day on the river I landed 12 trout in the 16 to 22 inch range without a single break-off, using the same rig and two flies on a 6X tippet. While many fly rod manufacturers promote their fast action trout rods, I’ve set my fast action rods aside, because without a doubt, I’m landing twice as many large 16 to 28 ½ inch trout on my Elkhorn 4 wt moderate-to-fast action rod". Barry Lockton Clovis, CA

TESTEMONIAL #3

Gregg Stevens
"I was in Dever CO at the Sportsman show looking for a 3wt Scott or T&T. I cast both company's rods and they were close to what I wanted but the price was out of line. As I came off the casting platform a gentleman from Elkhorn asked me if I liked what I had been casting. I told him yes. He asked what weight I was looking at and asked me to cast one of his rods. I did and purchased a 3wt on the spot. I have added a 5wt since then and plan to add a 4wt in the near future. My Elkhorns are my best rods". Gregg Stevens

Please send a Phone number to me if you would like more information!!

My email address is catchandrelease53@yahoo.com.

catchandrelease53
09-19-2010, 09:14 PM
All this gear will be on display
--for sale--
at the fishing tackle swap meet
at Stanton Marine in Ventura, CA. on
Saturday, October 2nd
starting at 8 am.
Unbelievable deals!!
Free fly line with every reel purchase!!
Free Elkhorn hats while they last!!

DON'T MISS THIS ONE DAY SALE!!!!