PDA

View Full Version : Another Fine Time @ "the Vine"

TaperSteve
09-12-2010, 10:22 AM
I arrived at the Lake around 5pm. At the gate I buzzed the buzzer 2 quick times to mess with the guys in the tackle. Figured they probably wouldn't notice. Whitney's voice answers, "Coming fishing?". "Yes I am", I replied. Whitney recognized my voice and made some friendly comments about me buzzing the buzzer twice. Hehe....

Payed my fishing fee's, launched my boat, and arrived at my favorite spot back in the Flats about 5:30pm. This spot has been good to me all summer, but last weekend it didnt produce as well, and yesterday was more of the same. By 6:30pm I still hadn't got any nibbles, so I decided to move over to a spot I scratched one at last week, over at the West shore.

I arrived at the West Shore and anchored up. Didn't take long till I started getting some tasters. I couldn't get any to stick. After about 5-6 runs I was starting to get alittle frusted thinking, "Will I ever get one to stick?". Finally I got another solid run and I let this one go alittle longer before closing my bail and setting the hook. Finally! I know I was running the risk of losing the fish in the trees letting it run with the mac as long as I did, but in the end I think it payed off. This is the result.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/DSCF0008.jpg

After I landed my 1st fish things slowed up a bit, but I kept getting just enough tasters to keep me on the spot. The sky was clear enough you could see the Milky Way. It was alittle chilly, so I layed back on the deck of my boat and watched a few shooting stars. Around 11pm I was just about to move over by the boat dock when I got another solid run and was able to set the hook. Landed this 3 1/2 lber.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/DSCF0009.jpg

Ended the night when they were chasing everyone off the lake. It's always hard to leave when things are so nice. Beautiful weather, clear sky's. Im sure ill be back next week, till then.......

TaperSteve

5BassReaper7
09-12-2010, 10:35 AM
good size cats man

troutdog
09-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Nice job on the kittys Steve, been a great summer huntin cats at the Vine....hopefully the Fall bite brings out the big dawgz!

TD

VinePatrol
09-13-2010, 05:18 PM
good job TS!

Hitts0n
09-14-2010, 08:47 PM
I agree with u Kewly !