PDA

View Full Version : No trespassing at the duct ??????

5BassReaper7
09-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Last night drove to the duct by quail lake hoping I would get me a new spot to fish. It was 11 at night when I got there as soon as I pull in I see the sign no tresspassing so I was like what all confused I. Know on the other side of quail the duct fills into while I was about to go I pulled up in quail lake and I saw some people leaving so I went up to them and started talking to them they said the other side is the same no trespassing I was like damn they said ninja it I was like its not worth walking all that wayy so I can ninja it oo ya a lot of ppl fishing quail last night the most I seen by far now its 12 so I'm like lancaster is only 40 miles away let go hit the duct there so I drove off to lancaster got a spot I was like time to striper hunt got out and the time is close to 1 am I'm throwing the kpn as I got a hard snag when I tried to set the hook he spit it back at me from looking at my line going from tight just falling slowly down to the ground now I'm mad lolll well I was tired too I didn't set the hook right now I'm reeling in my line when my kpn gets stuck and I was like nooo and I forgot my lure bag at home well yes it got stuck and I lost a kpn and got a big :Skunk: and a ride home well this time she managed to get away but ill be back in a week while you get a lil fatter and take you home to meet the family :Twisted:

yolo
09-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Man I ran out of breath reading your report :) Yeah the down flow side of Quail is off limits but you can fish Quail Lake itself. Did the ninjas get anything? I hear the CHP rolls through there and will arrest as does the sheriff. I saw a sheriff SUV cruise through and he was coming out of the gate one night when I was passing by on the 138 going to Bako. Maybe he went in there to get people and was coming out or maybe just routine patrol??? It was a black and white Ford Expedition sheriff.

cutbait
09-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Good effort anyway.

When Trailblazer and I hit it in May, we were like "lets slay", the we like slayed!

FTS caught some catfish there a couple weeks back and we was like "feel the steel"

We are planning on going back but I am like I don't want to fish it if there are like lots of ninjas there now cause its like why go if you can't fish like the prime zones? Right?

I've seen lots of Sherrifs there like patrolling and stuff lately. Its like, why all of a sudden?

Marine_Michael
09-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Translation.

Last night drove to the duct by Quail Lake, hoping I would find a new spot to fish. It was 11 at night when I got there. As soon as I pull in I see the sign saying "no trespassing". So I was confused. Before leaving, I pulled into the Quail Lake parking area, and I saw some people leaving. So I went up and asked them. They said the other side is the same, "no trespassing". I was like damn! They said "ninja it” I didn't feel it was worth walking all that way, so I can ninja it.

Oh yeah, a lot of people were fishing at quail last night. That's the most I seen by far.

Now its midnight, so I figured Lancaster is only 40 miles away, I'll go hit the duct there. So I drove off to Lancaster, got to a spot, and it was time to hunt striper. I got out and by this time it’s close to 1 am. I'm throwing the KPN lure and I get a hard tug. When I tried to set the hook, he spit it back at me. I went from looking at my line going tight, to just falling slowly down to the ground. That made me mad at myself because I was so tired that I didn't set the hook right. While I was reeling in my line, my KPN got stuck. Since I forgot my lure bag at home, I was thinking”No!” Well yes it’s stuck good and I lost a KPN and also got a big fat :Skunk: to keep me company for the ride home.

Well, Mr./Mrs. Striper this time you managed to get away, but ill be back in a week. This gives you time to get a little fatter before I nail you and take you home to meet the family :Twisted:

wulfman
09-11-2010, 02:21 PM
I'll tell ya why all of a sudden. It's cause the people who would "Ninja" it in the past kept it a secret like a "Ninja" should. But since Mr.KPN and a few other's decided to let the word out Quail lake and break loose from the "Ninja" society. More people have been goin. And there are alot of people who read these threads. I personally am not to happy bout the big turn out's at quail myself. Especially all the dam illeagal's with no license's! Remember "Ninja" is not "Ninja" if ya let the whole world know your a "Ninja".

yolo
09-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Well it sounds like if you ninja there then having a license or not is a moot point anyway. Looks wide and fishy though. Any decent fish come out of there?

cutbait
09-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Especially all the dam illeagal's with no license's! Remember "Ninja" is not "Ninja" if ya let the whole world know your a "Ninja".

Ninja fishing {trespassing} is ok in your book, but where you draw the line is illegals with no license?

And I ALWAYS reserve the right to be wrong, but when has KPN ever fished Quail? or as much reported on it. I think you owe Khanh an apology.

cutbait
09-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I'll tell ya why all of a sudden. It's cause the people who would "Ninja" it in the past kept it a secret like a "Ninja" should. But since Mr.KPN and a few other's decided to let the word out Quail lake and break loose from the "Ninja" society. More people have been goin. And there are alot of people who read these threads. I personally am not to happy bout the big turn out's at quail myself. Especially all the dam illeagal's with no license's! Remember "Ninja" is not "Ninja" if ya let the whole world know your a "Ninja". Personally I think its kinda silly referring to fishing as "ninja"

5BassReaper7
09-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Man I ran out of breath reading your report :) Yeah the down flow side of Quail is off limits but you can fish Quail Lake itself. Did the ninjas get anything? I hear the CHP rolls through there and will arrest as does the sheriff. I saw a sheriff SUV cruise through and he was coming out of the gate one night when I was passing by on the 138 going to Bako. Maybe he went in there to get people and was coming out or maybe just routine patrol??? It was a black and white Ford Expedition sheriff.

Was there for 30 -40 mins 3 sheriffs pulled up I was like not worth ninja it but next week ill b in palmdale stripier hunting.

5BassReaper7
09-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Personally I think its kinda silly referring to fishing as "ninja"

Well ninja I mean like fish where u have to trespass n fish illegally but I'm wit u I don't use it that much I just use to keep it short

yolo
09-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Was there for 30 -40 mins 3 sheriffs pulled up I was like not worth ninja it but next week ill b in palmdale stripier hunting.

You are allowed to fish Quail Lake 24/7. Did the sheriff go to Quail or the other side (south side) of the 138? 3 separate sheriff's vehicles? Never heard of that. Was there like a bust going or what?

trail blazer
09-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Where is this ,,QUAIL LAKE???,,,,:Cool:,,,,,Maby someone can give me directions on how to get there:Secret:,,,,,Is it a pay lake??:Wink:

Who is this CUTBAIT character ?:LOL:

HOWS THAT FOR NINJA,,,,,,:Sissy Fight:,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,lol,,,lol,,,lol:Neener Neener:

:Popcorn::Singing In Rain:

5BassReaper7
09-11-2010, 03:58 PM
You are allowed to fish Quail Lake 24/7. Did the sheriff go to Quail or the other side (south side) of the 138? 3 separate sheriff's vehicles? Never heard of that. Was there like a bust going or what?

Oo ya I know quail is 24/7... he pulled up next to the gate where the duct is threw his light and kept going. That's y I was like I'm not trespassing to fish

5BassReaper7
09-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Where is this ,,QUAIL LAKE???,,,,:Cool:,,,,,Maby someone can give me directions on how to get there:Secret:,,,,,Is it a pay lake??:Wink:

Who is this CUTBAIT character ?:LOL:

HOWS THAT FOR NINJA,,,,,,:Sissy Fight:,,,,,,,,,LOL

Lmaoooooooooo

horgaszapacban
09-11-2010, 06:37 PM
So, we go fishing to Quail for a few years. I like it, because it's 24/7, wild, no boats, no jetskis, it's free, and no one tells you what not to do. We used to spend the night out there in the summer. 4 weeks ago I caught a striper and 4 cats on the evening, and early in the morning, NOTHING at night, no bite at all. The water was
raising and the duct brought a lots of moss. We used to leave the car on the top of the hill next to the road to the cement plant whatever at the Aqueduct bridge. No ticket so far, and also, there is no 'No parking sign', but on the other hand, that's a private road. By the way we never saw the sheriff, but I'm sure if one has the license and keep the fishing ground neat he wouldn't bother. What I really hate is that a lots of jerks leave tons of litter, I mean come on, if they can take the **** there, is it so difficult to take the empty **** back and throw it in the trash?? It's even lighter and easier when its empty: talking about beer can, baitholder cup, plastic bag, etc.

horgaszapacban
09-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Ok, now I see the discussion is about the other side of the duct (South of 138). I wouldn't go there, although was playing with the idea a couple of times....

wulfman
09-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Ok, ok. Let's not share secret spots and roads where all the non-locals to the lake can get the info. That's why they someone invented e-mail's and such. And yes i'll apologize to kahn i mistaked him for someone else who blurted out the lake's hidden potential. I'd like it to stay the way it is " A Diamond in the rough ". Pic's and story's are fine but no need to tell bout your hot spots. Any smart fisherman keep's those to himself. Otherwise you just end up with a mud hole filled with water. Let people work for there info, don't give it away. I know i work for all mine.

cutbait
09-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Ok, ok. Let's not share secret spots and roads where all the non-locals to the lake can get the info. That's why they someone invented e-mail's and such. And yes i'll apologize to kahn i mistaked him for someone else who blurted out the lake's hidden potential. I'd like it to stay the way it is " A Diamond in the rough ". Pic's and story's are fine but no need to tell bout your hot spots. Any smart fisherman keep's those to himself. Otherwise you just end up with a mud hole filled with water. Let people work for there info, don't give it away. I know i work for all mine.

I like the cut of your jib!

tpfishnfool
09-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Ninjas huh ?? Hahahaha.... Killin me man.

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-14-2010, 04:40 PM
I'll tell ya why all of a sudden. It's cause the people who would "Ninja" it in the past kept it a secret like a "Ninja" should. But since Mr.KPN and a few other's decided to let the word out Quail lake and break loose from the "Ninja" society. More people have been goin. And there are alot of people who read these threads. I personally am not to happy bout the big turn out's at quail myself. Especially all the dam illeagal's with no license's! Remember "Ninja" is not "Ninja" if ya let the whole world know your a "Ninja".
Man this whole thread is cracking me up..

nothing about Quail thats "Ninja"

nothing about Quail is illegal...

nothing about quail is a secret....

LMAO !

Huge parking lot and 24/7 fishing thats it.....

There's always been runs of people that I'm sure have no licenses there I'd bet that 75% of the people that fish there do not have a license and I'd bet that 100% of those 75 percentile don't really have a clue on how to truly fish either....I wouldn't get too riled up....don't worry...be happy...

Life is good : )

but by the way...

Who is Mr KPN ?

kpn
09-14-2010, 05:46 PM

Wulfman,
I accept your apology. I fished Quail long time ago and never report...........
I caught more fish at the Aqueduct than Quail.....

Ninja fishing {trespassing} is ok in your book, but where you draw the line is illegals with no license?

And I ALWAYS reserve the right to be wrong, but when has KPN ever fished Quail? or as much reported on it. I think you owe Khanh an apology.

Mike,
Thanks for clearing thing out buddy. Good look out :Thumbs Up:

Who is Mr KPN ?

Who is that guy Gary??? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:.

LET GO BACK TO FISHING GUYS..............

KPN.

merkopac
09-18-2010, 09:15 AM
I got a feeling alot of these aqueduct stripers that guys are showing off on this site are caught out of bounds.To me theres nothing wrong with that.Whats wrong is posting pictures of your catches like your the **** when your fishing out of bounds and eventually ruining a fishing spot that other guys have been quitely hitting up for 20+ years

cutbait
09-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Whats up with all the hostility about Quail? All I know is I've slayed everytime I've been and any report about it draws ire and accusations from the so called "regulars" or "I've been doing it forever, so stay away" crowd.

Hmmmm,,,, me thinks more quail trips and reports are coming from CB!

trail blazer
09-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Whats up with all the hostility about Quail? All I know is I've slayed everytime I've been and any report about it draws ire and accusations from the so called "regulars" or "I've been doing it forever, so stay away" crowd.

Hmmmm,,,, me thinks more quail trips and reports are coming from CB!

There you go again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,O,WELL,,,,,,,,,,,I guess my secret is as safe with you as it was with me,,,LOL

cutbait
09-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Lets hit Quail tonight TB!

TroutOnly
09-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Been there done that over 20yrs ago,,,,,ya me and my pals wore it out,with are og ac's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Got-to-fish
09-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Sounds like we need a Quail Lake reports section now that the so called secret is out! LOL

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Sounds like we need a Quail Lake reports section now that the so called secret is out! LOL
It's no secret that is out.

Theres other stuff coming out but it smells like do doo doo where everyone has speculation and opinions on something they either know nothing or very little about or never having never been to....or never fish there for that matter..

No reports section needed otherwise it would just give the forum for those regulars to show off THEIR CATCHES...

This whole thread has turned into a crock....

funny just about EVERY single person talkin trash here doesn't even ever seem to post any fish reports.....

piss off you righteous idiots...you don't want to post a fish report of your own but you'll actively look on here to see what is biting....?

go to another site if you don't care for how we post reports in the "REPORTS SECTION"

this is just flat out stupid and pointlesss plus it's so off topic what the thread represented in the beginning iot's a joke :(

I mirror Cutbaits comments and or question....what heck is all the hostility about..

AND to Mercopac: someone who fishes the duct should be proud of their catch as they work real real real hard for them, nothing wrong with posting them at all !

in fact....isn't that a major portion of what this site is for ? and what the site is about....participation...in fishing reports....thats a report section isn't it ?

it's really way wrong for you to interject your thoughts that you mention above when you don't have a clue from where you stand....do you fish the duct ?

Maybe you do maybe you don't, that really doesn't matter either

either way your insinuations are way outa line in any respect and yes there are many people who fish the duct and I am one of them, I just don't understand where those comments come from and why...so far off base you'r lost in space

just don't get it....while all this was going on I was out fishing and I'm sure I'll be doing more of that this week...

just dont get it sometimes how we turn this thing that is fishing into a bashing event, I'm kinda going there right now too so I appoligize to the massess but it's hard to stand back and watch and not comment....especially when this is a sport I know and love so much and has provided me the best of times....

let's turn those negative things around people.....

good luck...conradery...thats what it's about....

trail blazer
09-20-2010, 12:26 PM
It's no secret that is out.

Theres other stuff coming out but it smells like do doo doo where everyone has speculation and opinions on something they either know nothing or very little about or never having never been to....or never fish there for that matter..

No reports section needed otherwise it would just give the forum for those regulars to show off THEIR CATCHES...

This whole thread has turned into a crock....

funny just about EVERY single person talkin trash here doesn't even ever seem to post any fish reports.....

piss off you righteous idiots...you don't want to post a fish report of your own but you'll actively look on here to see what is biting....?

go to another site if you don't care for how we post reports in the "REPORTS SECTION"

this is just flat out stupid and pointlesss plus it's so off topic what the thread represented in the beginning iot's a joke :(

I mirror Cutbaits comments and or question....what heck is all the hostility about..

AND to Mercopac: someone who fishes the duct should be proud of their catch as they work real real real hard for them, nothing wrong with posting them at all !

in fact....isn't that a major portion of what this site is for ? and what the site is about....participation...in fishing reports....thats a report section isn't it ?

it's really way wrong for you to interject your thoughts that you mention above when you don't have a clue from where you stand....do you fish the duct ?

Maybe you do maybe you don't, that really doesn't matter either

either way your insinuations are way outa line in any respect and yes there are many people who fish the duct and I am one of them, I just don't understand where those comments come from and why...so far off base you'r lost in space

just don't get it....while all this was going on I was out fishing and I'm sure I'll be doing more of that this week...

just dont get it sometimes how we turn this thing that is fishing into a bashing event, I'm kinda going there right now too so I appoligize to the massess but it's hard to stand back and watch and not comment....especially when this is a sport I know and love so much and has provided me the best of times....

let's turn those negative things around people.....

good luck...conradery...thats what it's about....

WELL SAID,,,,,,,,,,And besides ,, THERE are NO MORE feesh in QUAIL LAKE,,,,,,,,Its been fished out for years,,AND its now all PRIVATE PROPERTY . andddddd,,,with all the MOUNTAIN LIONS in the area its verry dangerous to even be sneeaking in there,,andddddddd ,,,,Its been reported that there are a bunch of WILD HOG,S in the area and they are VERRY VISIOUS ,,,<MAN EATERS<<-----------------------<<<<<<<<<

And there,s LOTS of paranormal activity in the area,,,,BOGGYMEN,,No doubt abought that,,real DEMONS TOO!!!!!!!!!

Just giving everybody a little heads up ,,,cause im here to serve!!

TRAIL BLAZER

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-20-2010, 12:41 PM
. andddddd,,,with all the MOUNTAIN LIONS in the area its verry dangerous to even be sneeaking in there,,andddddddd ,,,,Its been reported that there are a bunch of WILD HOG,S in the area and they are VERRY VISIOUS ,,,<MAN EATERS<<-----------------------<<<<<<<<<

And there,s LOTS of paranormal activity in the area,,,,BOGGYMEN,,No doubt abought that,,real DEMONS TOO!!!!!!!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

Ohhh saweet...I've been waiting for a chance to break out my armor piercing bullets and SKS semi auto (could make it full with a rat tail file ! -shshshs !)

sounds like a good oportunity for me to get into hunting....Mountain Lions....bore...it's all good...daddy needs meat to eat !

MonsterGuppy
09-20-2010, 06:12 PM
hmmm.. mountain lions, wild hogs, et, demons, and gary with a gun, ill pass on quail thx :)

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-20-2010, 06:17 PM
hmmm.. mountain lions, wild hogs, et, demons, and gary with a gun, ill pass on quail thx :)
awww come on.....seems like a good spot for a "ritual"......come on out.....be my guest...please don't tell anyone your going though....we wouldn't want that "secret" out.....

bring a few live chickens (for the livers of course !)......

We can made it a 2-fer and have an excersism as well....

I'd guess that since it's near capacity crowds nowadays we may as well charge admission to the festivities at 3 bucks a head.....

2 bucks if they bring an extra already severed.......there must be Bloooood !

cutbait
09-20-2010, 06:25 PM
awww come on.....seems like a good spot for a "ritual"......come on out.....be my guest...please don't tell anyone your going though....we wouldn't want that "secret" out.....

bring a few live chickens (for the livers of course !)......

We can made it a 2-fer and have an excersism as well....

I'd guess that since it's near capacity crowds nowadays we may as well charge admission to the festivities at 3 bucks a head.....

2 bucks if they bring an extra already severed.......there must be Bloooood !
There you go again, inciting more fisherman to fish the lake. I really wish you would just shut up about it :Rolls Eyes:

merkopac
09-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Yeah been fishing the aquaduct for over 30 years.I grew up less than a mile from the best siphons around.Lived 15 min from Quail most my life.Have caught numerous stripers over 10 and into teens out of quail back in the day(you know what up Bob).Have caught twenty plusers out of duct and lost one that could of been forty.I used to park my truck at one spot and a buddies 5miles down and then throw swimbaits downstream from my truck to his then do it again.What I was talkin about in my post was the new tresspassing signs I have seen and police presence I just read about.I think that has to do with the increased amount of fisherman the last couple of years.I didnt personally blame anybody so calm down Gary dont you have a box full of KPNs to throw somewhere.The out of bounds areas I was talkin about are all over the duct as far as parking and fishing.The more internet exposure the aquaduct gets the worse the fishing will get and more no tresspassing signs and police presence bottom line.Sometimes groups of buddies have to keep the good stuff to themselves

merkopac
09-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Another thing about the aquaduct that some people dont know.We used to be able to ride our bikes along it.That is until too many people started riding their bikes along it,then it was shut down to bikes.We used to chase boils at quail lake on our bikes the fish were up to 20 lbs.You would ride around the lake and see huge boils and haul *** over there and wing a cast in and get crushed by DD fish.Im just glad the internet wasnt around for those days or it would have only lasted a week instead of 10 yrs.

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Another thing about the aquaduct that some people dont know.We used to be able to ride our bikes along it.That is until too many people started riding their bikes along it,then it was shut down to bikes.We used to chase boils at quail lake on our bikes the fish were up to 20 lbs.You would ride around the lake and see huge boils and haul *** over there and wing a cast in and get crushed by DD fish.Im just glad the internet wasnt around for those days or it would have only lasted a week instead of 10 yrs.

AHHH THE GOOD OLD DAYS..

It's great to walk down memory lane...

BUT...IT'S CHANGING TIMES...Things change every day

One could just about say such a statement as mentioned above for just about any body of water...literally any body of water

I can tell you about watching thousands of bonita in redondo harbor and hooking up one after another all year long...EVERY CAST....

Ahhh the good ol days..

well that was 20 years ago, things change, conditions change, it's part of life and this globes evolution, it cannot be helped.....no matter what you do it will evolve

Should I blame the Edison company employees now for the abscence of bonita in the harbor ? as it was jam packed when they ran the hot water into the harbor from their generators,

and now
They no longer run those water pumps into the harbor for the better part...

no I don't place the blame on them for the absence of Bonita...I just accept it and move on.

Regarding the bikes and the ducts, there are certain areas that a bike can still be ridden and the banning of the bikes wasn't because there were too many cyclists, it was the fact that too many cyclist were falling in..

So it was lack of care that caused it, not overpopulation.

yolo
09-21-2010, 12:10 PM
The bike riding was shut down because of an accident in Palmdale and a big lawsuit. Dude was hauling butt down a very steep grade from a siphon and lost control and ate it bad. I don't recall if he was paralyzed or what but that shut down the bikes.

Yeah people are confusing Quail Lake with some of the off limit areas around it that is actual aqueduct. Most are barking about Quail this and Quail that but the underlying argument here was the duct parts leading in and out of it that are considered trespassing. Seemed pretty clear and I don't know why it turned into a clusterphuck.

Cool to see another long time ducter. You got me beat by a few years. Remember the huge die off in the AV about a decade or so ago? That hurt the AV duct bad and it still has not recovered.

merkopac
09-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah the aquaduct has been good to me.Me and my dad used to catch gizzard shad up to a half pound out of 110th w and towards three points on little bitty pieces of anchovies and then flyline them for big stripers and catfish.I dont think those shad are catchable like that anymore.Ive been fishing the the duct in av to quail since 1977 and my father for probably another 20.The biggest fish I personally saw was a guy in pearablossom caught a 40 and 47 in the same day.That was in the early 80s.Yolo gets it.If you are talking about the same thing I saw about 10 to 12 years ago they did some work on stretches of duct.At that time they were draining from 110w going north and there were lots of catfish dying in drying up water seemed like most of the stripers got out of that section up there.Is that what you were talking about.Anyways im over it.

yolo
09-21-2010, 01:49 PM
No I'm not talking about the draining. I was actually referring to the copper sulfate (blue stoning) that decimated the stripers from Munz to Pearblossom. Pretty much most of the AV stretch. The catfish survived that one. The large and juvenile stripers croacked by the thousands.

I don't know if live gizzard shad were legal back then but they are not legal now. Threadfin shad caught in the body of water you are fishing are allowed as live bait though as is the longjaw mudsucker, which I call sculpin in the duct.

A 40 and 47 pound or inch? I'm guessing pounds. That's a hell of a days catch! I will take an educated guess that it was during the spawning months. Maybe caught the male and female?

merkopac
09-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Hey Yolo I must have been living in westlake during that time.That sounds nasty what was the biggest striper you saw dead or heard of dying during that time and how long did it take to start catching them again?I moved back up here and bought a house about a mile from munz siphon in 2003 and it was pretty much good fishing from then until now.Yeah the stripers in pearablossom were two 40+ pounders unbelievable.My big one I lost was at munz.I have had a couple 30+lbr swipe at my swimbait right as I was getting ready to pull the bait out of the water.One splashed my feet and wiped clean a section of algea off the side of the duct as it swiped my 9" bait

yolo
09-21-2010, 04:58 PM
merkopac, some high 30's to low 40's. I quit and took a break from fishing for almost 5 years around then. I can tell you that there were lots of bulldozer scoops full of dead stripers being taken out. I think what saved it was that the far west side was not part of the blue stoning and those fish survived that hung out up flow from Munz. The medium sized seemed to be able to handle it for some reason. They obviously kept the fishery alive but on the edge. Getting back into fishing the past five years I can tell you it's nothing like it used to be at the duct. Last fall through this spring was pretty darn good though so maybe things are turning? I caught a lot of fish in that time. The most since I have returned to fishing seriously.

yolo
09-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Forgot to add that it is not necessarily the copper sulfate that is bad because they have done it probably 15 times since the 90's and all was fine but the one time they did it, someone screwed up and killed a bunch of fish.

merkopac
09-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Did you ever meet the old man who used to ride his three wheel bike with rods straight up in rod holders along the duct drifting flylined chiken liver?He used to fish from past the castle above munz to 60th w.That guy was the King of the Duct.He would catch more big catfish than anybody I ever heard of.One time that guy told my buddy about hundreds and hundreds of boiling catfish at the duct.My buddy told the guy they were probably stripers.The old guy met my buddy there the next day and took him to the spot.My buddy told me he couldnt believe it,hundreds of boiling catfish up to big ones.My buddy caught a couple 8 pounders on topwater.He said the old guy caught 10 in a half an hour.I went the next day and nothing.The old guy said it lasted a few days.

yolo
09-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Yes I know the "old man". He's a friend of mine. We fish together often at times. He's been fishing the duct since it had water put in it and the fish didn't even get a chance to make their way down to the AV yet, lol. He's got us all beat as far as duct fishing years.

Most people that fish the duct say there were stripers jumping all over but that is not the case. It's the catfish and the carp 99% of the time. I would have loved to see that frantic catfish boil. He did tell me about it too. I bet it is not a common sight.

yolo
09-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Also, One day earlier this summer, I was getting bit by catfish only, all on lures. I caught a few. Oddly that same day a buddy was getting them on a LC pointer at a different spot. Must have been something in the air or water that day that got them so aggressive on the lures?