PDA

View Full Version : Taking kids fishing

jayfish0084
09-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Hey everybody. I just started volunteering for a fatherless boys mentoring ministry that a guy from my church runs. I am going to be in charge of organizing the fishing outings for them. In two weeks we have set a date to go fishing with about ten boys. I havnt really been fishing any park lakes recently just a private lake by my house fishing bass so I dunno where the cats or bluegill are biting or when the trout stockings will start. Where would be our best bet to take the kids out / somewhere free with a minimal parking cost. We will be coming from irvine/costa mesa area. I think they want to keep it kind of local. Any suggestions?

madwire3
09-10-2010, 05:19 PM
hey, im not from that area nor do i know anything abo9ut your local fishing but going anywhere right now with red worms and meal worms/or crickets you are gonna catch bluegill with so many lines in the water as u have lined up... ive had the pleasure to take two youngsters fishing for the first second and so on times this year its great watching them ... plus this year has been a great year for bluegill down here in bakersfield, far better size then years past and still have great numbers... its insane i usually toy with bluegill for a few minutes when i go fishing just to get fast action but last 2 trips i went after just the gills because of the size and numbers.. good luck and good for u helpin out with those youngsters

Nessie Hunter
09-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Surf fishing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!