PDA

View Full Version : 9-10 at Irvine

SuperSonicBASS
09-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Fellow FNN'ers,

Today I arrived at the lake right at opening. I decided to walk the shoreline today, had some fun last time I did.

Drove over to the backside of trout island to start the day off and fished the frog in hopes of getting a topwater hit, but no luck. Then tried using the dropshot. I switched between the two techniques (frog and dropshot) til I got frustrated and called it quits (this was around 10AM). As I am walking back to my car I'm noticing lots of little 6"-7" bass just hanging close to the shoreline. I got my dropshot setup out and cut my worm in half. I used the smaller piece of the worm and the little bass hit it! I popped him out of the water and quickly released him. I tried a few more times for his friends, but I decided to just head home.

No shad activity from what I could see today. The sun didn't get over the mountainside til around 7AM today, and the wind came in around 11AM. It wasn't packed either, at least from what I could tell. I didn't really see any action today, but I hope this post helps.

SuperSonicBASS