PDA

View Full Version : what tube to buy......i bought it!!!!!!!!!! yay!

matt duarte
07-24-2007, 12:46 PM
anyone use this tube before??? new to tubes so not sure it looks sweet and looks to be a good one for the price what do you guys think?
http://www.coverbonanza.com/9967/44236/ ... -Tube.html (http://www.coverbonanza.com/9967/44236/Float-Tubes--Accessories/Trout-Unlimited-Togiak-Backpackable-Pontoon-Float-Tube.html)

BakoBassin
07-24-2007, 12:54 PM
I traded my Caddis Nav 4 for my buddy's TU and liked my Caddis better, so I got it back. The pontoons twisted when I sat down in the TU. I didn't care for the storage on the TU either. Had too many extra small compartments rather than just two big ones. The small compartments were useless IMO.

Seems like most folks these days go with that Fishcat 4.

matt duarte
07-24-2007, 01:05 PM
thanks for the info ill check out the cat4.
what do you mean it folded? the pontoons did? maybe not enough air? I'm a wopping 140 lbs I wonder if they will still fold. I kinda just liked the backpack Idea that it has and I don't want to sit to low in the water

BakoBassin
07-24-2007, 01:13 PM
what do you mean it folded? the pontoons did? maybe not enough air? I'm a wopping 140 lbs I wonder if they will still fold. I kinda just liked the backpack Idea that it has and I don't want to sit to low in the water
When I sat in it, the top of the bladder covers would twist inward and the bottom, outward. I didn't like that. Seems the Nav 4 had me sitting higher. I weighed almost 250 back then.

sonarbp
07-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Hey matt,

I am a big guy.....6'2" and 300+ lbs and I have both the Caddis Nav II and the Togiak. I use the Togiak mainly when I tube the Newport bay. I have no problems with it and it holds me just fine. If you would like....we can set up a time and I will let you test both the Caddis tube and the Togiak before you buy one.....I also have extra fins and an extra pair of medium waders for you to use if needed. The waders do have a small leak but still work.

Let me know if you might want to try before you buy!!!

sonarbp

matt duarte
07-24-2007, 02:24 PM
right on dude ill keep that in mind also if it hold you good I might just buy it I like the look the bright color is a plus so other people see me and the backpack thing has to be better than carring it. are waders needed or are they just a plus? cause I normaly go out on a small alum boat and when that suns beatin on you that water does look nice or does it get pretty cold with ur legs in the water?

Bassnut
07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
I would go with the fish cats or the ODC 420

sonarbp
07-24-2007, 02:46 PM
right on dude ill keep that in mind also if it hold you good I might just buy it I like the look the bright color is a plus so other people see me and the backpack thing has to be better than carring it. are waders needed or are they just a plus? cause I normaly go out on a small alum boat and when that suns beatin on you that water does look nice or does it get pretty cold with ur legs in the water?

Not a problem.....about the waders if you plan on fishing freshwater most lakes have a no body contact rule which means you will need waders. as for fishing in the salt....well i would reccomend them but you can do it without...but remember that there is jellyfish and the water is not the cleanest plus it can be really cold. with the waders you really don't feel the coldnest of the water.

matt duarte
07-24-2007, 05:02 PM
right on ill proly just buy them anyways.

i looked at both of those float tubes the ODC 420 and the fish cats
they both look sweet and i like the idea of sitting that high out of the water is one better than the other? or either choice would be good? i hear talk about the cats im guessing their more popular with fisherman..

Bassnut
07-24-2007, 05:24 PM
I had the ODC the only thing I did not like was it had a foam seat and it was hard. I sold mine to Frank aka Nessiehunter and got the super fat cat, he loves the ODC

matt duarte
07-25-2007, 07:33 AM
ok well I decided on the ODC 420 I saw a lot of articles on it and everyone seemed to be pleased. I saw this one where this guy made rod holders on both sides and in front with a homemade fred flinstone shade cover all made with pvc piping! it was pretty sweet. I should be getting within theweek!!!! I'm super excited!

so I hope to see you guys out on the water you will know it me cause ill proly be goin in circles trying to get the hang of it lol

matt duarte
07-25-2007, 08:51 PM
well i got it!!!!! today at bps i ended up goin with the fish cat 4 and im real happy with it when i got home i couldnt resist and pumped it up and took it for a spin in the pool :lol: (i made sure i washed it off afterwerds) i was suprised how esay it went thru the water, without the flipper things!! ( i still need them)

but one question why do they allow water to flow into the rear storage area? and it say a max psi of whatever 1.8 i think?? how can i tell? or do i just pump it up untill i float well.
oh and ya im still going to need waders even though the seat sits higher water still tends to get you ***** wet a little nothing big though. im real excited i cant wait to take it out most likley to perris first cause it close but than im headin for castaic!

RotoSteve
07-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Congrats on the purchase. Your fishing just opened up to a whole new world! Enjoy and good fishing to you.

matt duarte
07-26-2007, 08:25 AM
thanks dude! i had fun playing around in my pool with it so i know the lake will be better!!! (theres fish in the lake lol)

BakoBassin
07-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Just fill with air until firm.