PDA

View Full Version : Back to My Favorite Lake 09/04/10

zzzfish
09-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Got to the lake at 4PM since it was so d@mn hot that day! Stopped by the tackle shop to get our passes and ran into a retired vet. He saw my Team 57 shirt and asked if I posted often or am I just a lurker...well...here's a report for you. :LOL: He was a pretty cool guy and I offered him a beer but he declined because he got shot in the stomach during his service. I felt bad but there's not much that I can do so I wish him the best of luck on the lake and went off to get our rental boat.

The lake looked pack pretty pack all around but we were able to manage to find our first spot. It didn't look too promising at first so we threw out our line, popped our beers, and played some cards. 45 minutes into it and we're about to give up on the spot when my friend line got hit. It turned out to be a nice 3 lbs cat. Then my line got hit...another 3 lbs. Then my friend line got hit again. This time a 1.5 cat. We decided to move to our old spot to try to catch some wipers and hopefully help hook my other friend, who never caught a freshwater fish before, into a nice fighting fish. It turned out to be dead...

By now it's about 9PM and we decided to move back to our 1st spot but we couldn't find it for some reason. There wasn't any moon out so we're kinda blind driving the boat around. We settle for this spot next to some trees and casted out in different direction to see where the fish were. Finally, My other friend line started going out and it's a pretty good run too. He pulled it in and it's a nice 2.5-3lbs cat. He finally broke his fish cherry! :Big Grin: Then the big boys started showing up. My friend pulled up a good 6lbs and then I pulled in a 4.7-5lbs and some more good eating cats. I knew I should have entered into the tournament today!!! :Crying: We would have easily qualified for the KOTC tournament. Oh well...we ended up with 9 fish for the night and lost 1 by the rooky. I'll posted up some pictures soon once I get home.

Sorry for the long post.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz41/zzzfish1/catfish/fish1.jpg

Updated pix. Hopefully this will work. Pic from Iphone at night

Jake/zzzfish

zzzfish
09-07-2010, 04:35 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=e27a6c0c9c&view=att&th=12ae155274141896&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

Sorry for the poor quality. Pic was taken from an iphone...

carpanglerdude
09-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Try hosting the picture on Tinypic.com or another photo hosting website, your link does not work.

troutdog
09-09-2010, 03:06 AM
You killed it out there Jake, most people I spoke with only scratched a fish or two at best....get in the tourney next time dude!

PM sent.

TD

ramonpaezrrt
09-09-2010, 09:20 AM
what lake was this?

zzzfish
09-09-2010, 10:08 PM
picture updated. You should be able to see it now.

zzzfish
09-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Irvine Lake.

zzzfish
09-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks Troutdog. I'll definitely will join the tournament next year. I just wish the lake would stay open late till 2 AM like last year. We would have limited out for sure.

Jake

klymons
09-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Nice lookin' water bottle--what did you use for bait?

zzzfish
09-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Nice lookin' water bottle--what did you use for bait?

We used Macks and Shrimps