PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Alondra Park lately?

Surfer
09-06-2010, 11:27 PM
I haven't been to this place in a few months. Even though I live just a stone's throw away from Alondra I usually opt to travel to El Dorado because of the toughness of Alondra and all the crackhead transients and blatant poaching . I might be willing to try it again though if I read any decent reports out of there.

dfisher
09-07-2010, 12:00 AM
I am out there every Friday, early mornings or late afternoons. Usually beat the skunk with 1 bass, nothing to write about though. Place is tough, but starting to understand the lake, conditions etc.. I have alot of confidence now to beat the skunk but some days I feel the conditions are going to be really tough and I know I will get skunked, I need to learn other techniques in these type of conditions..

Learned alot by going every week and its paying off, even if I catch only 1, that place is tough to catch.

As far as poachers, never see anyone catch anything when I am there..

bman90278
09-08-2010, 04:57 AM
I haven't been fishing in almost 2 months, but the last several times I went to the A-pond I was noticing there were many anglers catching and keeping the bass instead of C&R the bass. After talking to many of the locals who fish there every day, I was told that many fisherman were coming from out of the area and were bad news for the A-pond fishing community.

-brian

dfisher
09-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah I talk to another local there everytime I go out, he said 2-3lbers are getting pulled out and taken home. Sucks..

OnlyHappyHooknHawgz
09-08-2010, 08:55 PM
rumor has it that ppl are taking the bass and selling them at various fish markets

bman90278
09-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Had a chance to wet my line for the first time in a while and went to the A-pond early Saturday morning. Got there just after 6am and could only stay until 7:30am. I saw 2 boils during the time I was there but they were out of my reach. Threw some topwater stuff and nothing to show for it. No followers or nothing. Haven't had any time to fish lately, but the A-pond looks to have really slowed down. Talked to a couple of the regulars and they said its been really slow there.

Hey Surfer, have you been hitting the salt water lately?
-b

--BassHole--
09-14-2010, 05:16 PM
I haven't been to this place in a few months. Even though I live just a stone's throw away from Alondra I usually opt to travel to El Dorado because of the toughness of Alondra and all the crackhead transients and blatant poaching . I might be willing to try it again though if I read any decent reports out of there.

hey yo bra tell your family to quick skankin' the place up.

Surfer
09-14-2010, 07:30 PM
hey yo bra tell your family to quick skankin' the place up.

Shoots Brah! Next time I see your mom there I won't let her touch my pole.

Rod Wynn
09-15-2010, 12:39 PM
I try to "help" as much as possible with people taking bass, I try to put some "back" in there when I feel like stopping by after a day fishing elsewhere..
I grew up fishing there and I owe 90% I know today of fishing bass from all the days I spent out there as a kid..