PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake 9-3-10

5BassReaper7
09-05-2010, 09:46 PM
My cousin hit me up and wanted to go to big bear lake so i was like alright lets go since it was his bday and he loves trout so i was why not lets try this out. We headed out at 4pm traffic was horrible it took us 3hours to get there where it is only an hour and half drive. we got there around 7 setup and had our lines in the there at 7 30 pm, 10 mins later boom got a bite and set the hook on that sucker pulled him out it was a trout. Put bait on it and threw back out there 20 mins later bam got another hit this time it was a channel catfish small so i threw him back in water. fished for about 3 hours then switched up our spots got to the new spot threw our line in pulled out 6 more from the new spot now we over there for hours and our bait is out and stopped hitting. My cousin said i know this one cool spot lets go there i said alright it was around 4 am when we headed out to that new spot. At this time it was really cold it was 40 degrees and we freezing loll. we stayed there for a couple hours hooked the biggest fish which was 1lb rainbow trout and we decided to head back down first time went after trout in long time and i had to say not bad.

Here is the girls i caught

etaggart
09-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Nice midnight 'bows!

JimmisLine
09-06-2010, 01:09 PM
NIce Trout, Reaper. Sounds like like a fun trip.

5BassReaper7
09-07-2010, 11:39 AM
thanks guys ya it was fun but now back to bass hunting lol

fishmounter
09-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Your "name" says you like to fish for bass. You should have fished a around the private boat docks for bass. Throw plastics, blades, jigs, and small Bluegill colored cranks past the dock and work them back as close as you can. During the summer months, bass will hang out under the docks. Also look for floating weed patches and toss a weedless frog on that in the evening hours before it gets dark. If you can find a Johnson Silver Minnow weedless spoon and attach a white trailer to the hook, this is a BBL "secret" lure that does a great job on the bass in the weeds.

Cameron
09-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Yes there are lots of bass all around the lake here.I landed my one & only giant at this lake back in 96' in boulder bay.Theres a house there now im sure it was a lake record or close to it.Since my girlfriend & I where arguing about if we should me C&R her keep & show while i was trying to one handed open a rusted stringer clip,yes it had been that long ,lol, that big beautiful fish made the last flip for the water that I was standing way to close to.When it left my hand & hit the dirt I felt horrible but when it hit the water & swam right back to the lil hole in the weeds where i got her I was so satisfied.
I say it was 12-15 but mrs see pics & say more like 17 plus,who know who cares it was fun for me.Love to fish this lake catch everything but trout lately lol.

OH YEA nice slay on the trout......lol,sorry.

5BassReaper7
09-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Your "name" says you like to fish for bass. You should have fished a around the private boat docks for bass. Throw plastics, blades, jigs, and small Bluegill colored cranks past the dock and work them back as close as you can. During the summer months, bass will hang out under the docks. Also look for floating weed patches and toss a weedless frog on that in the evening hours before it gets dark. If you can find a Johnson Silver Minnow weedless spoon and attach a white trailer to the hook, this is a BBL "secret" lure that does a great job on the bass in the weeds.

yes like fishing for bass i tired i was throwing some trout color spoons n rat l traps around a grassy area but i didnt get anything there was area whe were at on a bridge and they had docks there where you park your boat i tired there and on the other side of the bridge walked for a long time i didnt get a bite thats like my 2nd or 3rd time fishing big bear lake not really fimilar with it next i go im goin to try more harder for bass but thanks for the info

5BassReaper7
09-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Yes there are lots of bass all around the lake here.I landed my one & only giant at this lake back in 96' in boulder bay.Theres a house there now im sure it was a lake record or close to it.Since my girlfriend & I where arguing about if we should me C&R her keep & show while i was trying to one handed open a rusted stringer clip,yes it had been that long ,lol, that big beautiful fish made the last flip for the water that I was standing way to close to.When it left my hand & hit the dirt I felt horrible but when it hit the water & swam right back to the lil hole in the weeds where i got her I was so satisfied.
I say it was 12-15 but mrs see pics & say more like 17 plus,who know who cares it was fun for me.Love to fish this lake catch everything but trout lately lol.

OH YEA nice slay on the trout......lol,sorry.

ya thanks man im pretty sure they got some big ones in there i was going to join the bass torunment up on sep 18 but something came up for that weekend that i cant miss and my buddy has the boat and he cant make it ethier so im like it aint worth it but my cousin wants to go up there again this weekend i might be back up there again lets see if i can slay me a bass this time haha

Deyymonayy
09-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Nice fish, I have been up there a few times lately and only manage crappie and some small bullheads, I have had several trout chase my lure right up to the point where I can clearly see the fish but then they turn away. Any clues as to why?

5BassReaper7
09-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Nice fish, I have been up there a few times lately and only manage crappie and some small bullheads, I have had several trout chase my lure right up to the point where I can clearly see the fish but then they turn away. Any clues as to why?

i cought some small bullheads too that day threw it back in the water .. i only fished there a couple of times i got most luck off night crawlers for trout powerbait not as much. That has happen to me too with bass chasing my lure ...what i do is try to throw a different lure when i see them only chaseing it most of the time ill just have 2 poles with me already setup with the right lures for the spot and once i change the lure that is when i usually get a strike i would just grab my other pole thats ready and throw it out to the same spot ..... i really dont know why they just chase but i know when fish spwan the parents might just etheir chase it away or push the lure with there mouths away from there eggs i know bkuz that happened to me where a striper bass just pushed my crank bait to the side and turn around and went back.