PDA

View Full Version : Crappie Weekend

Sublime-Steve
09-05-2010, 06:18 PM
So i headed up north for the week and ended up going to modesto reservoir ( i know this should be in the nor cal reports but seeing i live in so cal im going to post it here ) Started out 8:30 friday morning and asked the guy @ the gate where the fish are @ ( low water level) went to a few spots for nothing and decided to take a drive around the lake ( few miles) i get to the very west end and there's a small dam with 1 tree @ the very end. me and my friend decide to go out there ( small walk ) I throw a dark red colored swirl tail with glitter and i get bit.. figured it was a small mouth since that's the only bass i have ever caught there swing and a miss. next cast the damn thing felt like a freight train but much diff then a bass. i reel this guy in and its my very first crappie ( and a nice sized one 2) i was stoked.. so i remembered what fish mounter
( jeff) said about the crappie jigs and right after i put it on it was WFO i had so much fun it was great all fish safely released got about 5 or 6 in an hour and had to go. anyone know any city park lakes in modesto? i found a golf course im going to hit up tonight haha :Twisted:

ryanr0cks
09-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Nice post! Congrats on your first crappie!

fishmounter
09-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Nice going Steve! You do what I say and you WILL catch fish. What did I say?....(Ha!) Something about crappie jigs I guess... Hey and don't you know you knucklehead that you are not suppose to wear black in the hot summertime sun? LOL...JK

Sublime-Steve
09-05-2010, 09:18 PM
lol thanks jeff, I got lucky it was only about 90 that day ( i heard it was 106 in moreno valley ) sounds like vegas without the fun.. lol hows sonny? i was wondering what his screen name on here was so i could add him he gettin into any record gills lately?

crappiemike
09-08-2010, 05:49 PM
nice looking fish.......

cm