PDA

View Full Version : The San Diego 9/2... Late report

murrieta angler
09-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Well,
We left at 5:30 sharply. The weather report said clear skies, 5-10 mph winds, 2-4 foot swells...perfect....HECK NO!!!!

Actual weather was overcast till 12:30, swells up to 8 feet and winds up to 20 mph..:Sad:

We went out 40 miles looking for yellowfin tuna, or any pelagics for that matter. The day before the boat had caught 6 YFT's and 3 YT's so I gambled and lost...:Rolls Eyes:

Only 2 YT's were caught, one on the troll and one flylined.

Sorry so short but nothing really to say.
Robert

p.s. if any P.B.er's want the general area, PM me and I'll tell you where we were at.

klocked
09-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Ah! Sorry to hear that Robert. I thought you would get into that bite.

Ifishtoolittle
09-05-2010, 11:12 PM
As I was told many times before tuna fishing is a hit or miss. Should stick with local or island fish for now until waters get a little warmer.

Jackpot Jimmy
09-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the report Robert. Guess it's only scattered that close in...but hopefully they inch closer and closer up the line as the month goes on. I saw the Dana Pride is scheduled for some offshore exploratory trips limited to 30 anglers, which is nothing for that boat!

JapanRon
09-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Hi murrieta angler,

Ouch ! My ache~in' Wallet !! Sounds like it wasn't even a decent boat-ride.

Better luck next time ....... maybe the weather/water will be nicer next time.

What ever the case, the San Diego is a great boat.

JapanRon

pineapple express
09-06-2010, 08:51 AM
howzit robert
man...that sucks. better luck next time. been hearing the weather has been
nasty out there lately. appreciate the 411 out there. mahaloz for sharing bruddah.

murrieta angler
09-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Hey John,
That's the way it goes sometimes. With this crazy weather just just don't know right now, unless you head South at least 90 miles.
I will be heading out in a couple of weeks for at least a day and a half boat.
Take Care,
Robert

murrieta angler
09-06-2010, 01:25 PM
As I was told many times before tuna fishing is a hit or miss. Should stick with local or island fish for now until waters get a little warmer.

It's all good, I love the water, weather the fish bite or not.
I will get some tuna this year, eventually.
Robert

murrieta angler
09-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the report Robert. Guess it's only scattered that close in...but hopefully they inch closer and closer up the line as the month goes on. I saw the Dana Pride is scheduled for some offshore exploratory trips limited to 30 anglers, which is nothing for that boat!

You nailed it Jimmy!
That's exactly what we did, EXPLORATORY TRIP.
Take Care & I'll See You Soon,
Robert

murrieta angler
09-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi murrieta angler,

Ouch ! My ache~in' Wallet !! Sounds like it wasn't even a decent boat-ride.

Better luck next time ....... maybe the weather/water will be nicer next time.

What ever the case, the San Diego is a great boat.

JapanRon

Hey Ron,
Actually it only ran $110 for the day. Now that the boats down there let you use your own Mexican license it runs from $10-$20 cheaper, depending on which boat you take.
Alos, the weather did get nice in the afternoon.
Take Care,
Robert

murrieta angler
09-06-2010, 01:34 PM
howzit robert
man...that sucks. better luck next time. been hearing the weather has been
nasty out there lately. appreciate the 411 out there. mahaloz for sharing bruddah.

Hey Danny!
Missed you out at the Irvine event.
Thought you might of brought Jr. out.
There's always next week Bro!!!
Robert

flyngby
09-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Robert,

What is all this talk about crazy weather!

I took my fire crew up to the high country at 5000 feet today and the marine layer was sticking at about the 4000 foot level all dayl! So I would say we are experiencing some "June Gloom" First time in my 33 year years on the job to witness this in September.

Better Luck next time!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif.