PDA

View Full Version : question about perris ????

TTT
09-03-2010, 12:18 PM
i have heard a rumor that the striper have been showing up at lake perris. I had a friend fishing for blue gill off the dam and said some guy in a boat caught like a 15 pounder. My question is my friend halucinating from the heat? has anyone seen or heard of people catching them? the last time I heard of someone catching one was about two years ago. But back then they considered an isolated incident.something about stripers dont really take to perris.Has anyone else heard of this?

tunagod1
09-03-2010, 01:01 PM
i have heard a rumor that the striper have been showing up at lake perris. I had a friend fishing for blue gill off the dam and said some guy in a boat caught like a 15 pounder. My question is my friend halucinating from the heat? has anyone seen or heard of people catching them? the last time I heard of someone catching one was about two years ago. But back then they considered an isolated incident.something about stripers dont really take to perris.Has anyone else heard of this?

Yes, There are strippers in Perris... You know its illegal to fish with Bluegill Right???

Tuna Out

TTT
09-03-2010, 01:10 PM
no. my friend was fishing FOR blue gill. not with blue gill.

Flying
09-04-2010, 01:22 AM
They are in there but very few. Perris is the end of the line. It doesn't get a lot of in and out flow like Skinner,DVL, Silverwood and others so its doesn't support reproduction and very few make it in through the pipeline.

Earlier this year I saw 3 filleted ones in the trash at Bernasconi and picked up this dead floater a few weeks later http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?42965-Another-PB-Perris-Bass

TTT
09-04-2010, 05:28 PM
hey thanks. i plan on a trip up there labor day hopefuly there wont be a lot of people.lol. plan on going to sail cove and over by lot 11

Lunker1979
09-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Maybe the people that fish the lake everyday (guides) will chime in and fill you in.

trevlavo
09-04-2010, 07:15 PM
"STRIPPERS" at lake perris? really where are they at? do they dance on the island? boat launch? where???