PDA

View Full Version : Jenks Lake 8/29 Peter, Rey, Stan, and I

Koshaw
09-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Ok! Return to Jenks Lake the Sequel!

Wow! Another great day of slay at Jenks on Sunday!

I met up with Peter and his buddy Stan at the Circle K on 38 before the foothills start.

After much needed purchases (coffee, snacks etc), we headed up the mountain. I got there about 545 and was first in line with Peter and Stan were third after Dave (a big hunter and fisherman who is local to the area).

After running down to the 'spot' (panting a bit in the high elevation) and setting stuff up, Peter finally arrives with the rest of the gear (Stan being a lazy bum and not gotten a license decides to take a nap in the car-they were at a late night party lol).

So we get Peter in the water as well. Salmon Peach all the way with 4' leaders.

While I was setting stuff up I got hit. A nice 1.5 stocker 'bow.

It was a bit slower than before with the bright moon and the VERY low pressure system that had moved in. Temps had plummeted since Thursday (hail enough to cover the entire parking lot) I heard from the lake manager. It a was about 49F when we got to the lake with a tiny breeze rippling the waters. A 1/2 moon was showing in the sky.

Not surprisingly, NO yakers or tubers were on the lake. I guess they read the weather reports :lol: About half a dozen did show up later in the day though.

Got a second smaller bow a bit later who was a bit of a fighter.

At 8am or so Rey shows up. We get him in as well and Peter gets one!

Despite him being a noob, was doing great and we got his stocker in just fine.

Bout a half hour later after going over some of the basics Rey gets one =). I got him on my Daiwa Spinmatic UL rod mated with my Okuma Aveon 15 and he had a blast bringing it in. It was a feisty 2lber and gave him a decent battle on the light rig.

I got my third one about 1.5lbs and had a good little fight. The colors being quite nice on this one.

Rey got second one about then and it died for a while as the day heated up a little bit and got brighter (Note I said a little bit. When we left at 130 or so, it was 59F).

So we talked, Peter took a nap and Stan wokeup from his nap. I brought in Peters pole and relaxed, explaining trout fishing more to Rey who usually fished the ocean.

I got my 4th rainbow and I was over with getting worried about getting my limit as I usually limit out if I get 4.

I did a bit of playing after that. I tried bubble fly fishing and also checked out some lures: a silver blue Kastmaster, Trout Thomas Buoyant for nada.

Peter grabbed his second bow and Rey gets his third.

Another lull and Rey gets #4. Peter and Stan decided to go home. We took some pics and then saw them off.

I got #5 and started to pack stuff up. I showed Rey my currently non working fish finder lol, I must have gotten water in it :(.

After getting things together I offered Rey my 12' custom IMG10 rod with my Stradic 1000 to play with and he loved it.

Not long afterwards he got his 5h fish :D.

We packed up, went down the mountain and headed for home.

Me: 5
Peter: 2
Rey: 5

Same fish count as 8/15 :twisted:

Bait: Salmon Peach
Sauce: Bite On Garlic/Berkley Roe
Lines: 2-4lb Izorline xxx and Ande 2-4lb & Maxima 3lb fluorocarbon

Pics: http://s857.photobucket.com/albums/ab135/Koshaw7/Jenks%20Lake%20%20August%2029th/

Piss on Myspace
09-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Gotta love jenks...beautiful little lake loaded with fish. Ill have to keep an eye out for you next time, ill either be in a tube or toon.
Nice job man and great pics!

Koshaw
09-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks PMS lol =) be nice to fish with ya sometime!