PDA

View Full Version : FISHY BOAT COUNTS????? hmmmmmm.

BALLERONBUDGET
09-02-2010, 08:17 AM
times are hard n $$ is tight everywhere as we know. but getting to think that some local boat counts can or are exaggerated to get more anglers out .. went on local l.a. boats recently last month n yesterday. with claimed numbers of triple digits of total counts. i can assure that the deck hands r not counting each fish as this would be impossible..all though fish were caught we all did not have full sacks as would be suggested if numbers were accurate ... n there hasnt been any wfo fishing in any particular boat or area all summer as we know.......... or are counts somewat manipulated to get us fellas out esp when discount days mid week days or wknd twighlites specials...? crowded boats r not even worth the few dollars saved if u get a crappy spot and tangled lines all day.....

flytyingreloader
09-02-2010, 10:46 AM
No idea if any such shenanigans are going on or not. The potential is always there, I suppose--but most captains and crews know right to the ground that angler goodwill makes or breaks them, so I wouldn't throw down that sort of claim without some real strong evidence. EVERY crew whose boats I've been on for the past several years (out of San Diego) has busted their backsides getting the anglers on fish as best they can. There are more variables to the equation than just the captain and crew--there is angler skill level, and as we are learning this year--fish can be asshats, and avoid our coast very capably.

If you are concerned that a few "fish stories" might be getting told.......maybe another hobby/sport venue might be in order. Only politicians have a worse rep for factuality than do anglers. :)