PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been up to Green Valley?

Rot8
09-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Just wondering how the fishing has been up at Green Valley Lake?

troutguy26
09-02-2010, 10:28 AM
u might want to hit up TROUT1 after this weekend,..he is camping out there this weekend so he should kno..i might be hittin it up next week too..havent been there since last summer tho

AngryAgent
09-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Fishing is tough. The water has warmed up and you can see fish but they don't want to cooperate. I have fished it a few days with limited success but there are some toads swimming around. I would say your best bet is using crawlers by the dam. If you could get a crawler to suspend about 5-7' below the surface you could possibly hook one of those trains that passes through every so often. That is how most of those remaining fish have been caught is on crawlers and for me I can't stand bait fishing but to each his own. Good luck if you decide to go.

Freshness21
09-02-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm heading up there the weekend of the 18th. Hope to read a few good reports by then. Thanks for the advice AA

Danerz
09-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I usually do quite well there and I fish it every week. I've heard some people say the fishing is slow there, but I don't find it to be the case. I usually always catch at least 15 - 25+

This is the last week they will stock for the season. They are planning to drain the lake down 15 feet to clean up and dredge the swimming area. They are shooting for mid September to begin this process. You've got to be prepared to really mix it up when fishing this lake - jigs, lip-rippers on split shot, lures (little cleo red & gold), power bait (have a variety), Gulp worms (chartreuse & bubble gum), Power worms (red & orange), Ncrawlers, there was one day last year the only thing they would hit on was salmon eggs - which I always carry and I nailed over 40 that day. They must have been spawning, a fish on every cast and no more that 15 sec wait time. I spent half a day that day trying to find out what they wanted before I threw the salmon eggs at them - then it was on big time! I had so many people coming over to me wanting to know what I was doing! It was hilarious.

smokinflies
09-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Heading up this weekend.

Hopefully we'll hook into a few worth reporting.

Danerz
09-02-2010, 07:25 PM
This Sunday, Sept 5, is their annual water carnival, with races, relays, kayaks and they allow people to swim to the dam in the fishing area. It's kind of a huge event for Green Valley Lake - So you might want to call or avoid Sunday altogether (909) 867 - 2009. The events all start at 9am

smokinflies
09-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the last minute info, Danerz. :Cool:

Rot8
09-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Great info guys....thanks

Freshness21
09-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Heading up this weekend. Where's the best place to park and set up?

Might rent a row boat, will they let me use my electric trolling motor on there?