PDA

View Full Version : Question Reference Snaggers...not the same old question

Fish Dog
07-24-2007, 08:37 AM
I know the subject of snaggers on the piers has been beat to death lately but I have a related question...

Has anyone heard or seen of anyone being injured by a snagger's gear, either by a swimmer stepping on the hooks laying on the bottom, the rig flying out of the water on a missed snag and hitting someone on the pier or any other such instance...just curious if this might be a safety issue as well as the other issues brought up before.

BeMorWize
07-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Fish Dog,

Man, you wouldn't believe the story but here it goes...

Last summer, while the bonitas were HOT and WFO at Newport and Balboa Pier, I went to Balboa Pier during the evening time. Fished there for a about 2 hours and had 4 Bonitas in my bucket. During the last 30 minutes of my stay, some dum* piece of **** with 7 feather hooks was fishing from the side of the pier and was making casts parrallel to the pier. Needless to say, that jacka** swung his rod while casting and the last feather hook pierced my chin and the 2 oz torpedo smacked me straight in the jaw, followed by the feather hook.

So yea, there are some injuries when people are using more hooks then they should and are acting like dumba** swinging their rods wide like they have a frickin fish on.....

All this and I'm now scar'd for life, that a**. Hope No ONE does this while their pier fishing, follow the rules and limit for hooks per line!!!

COST?-3 hours for a LIMIT (5) Bonitas
2 hours of pain and a 1/4 inch scar from the injury FOR LIFE
1 hour of bleeding.....10-35 drops of BLOOD......
Learning from this and NEVER fishing NEAR a JACKA** again?- Priceless

Tail Chaser
07-24-2007, 05:32 PM
First, Puppys on the beach, Now hooks on the pier.
Im beginning to think you worry to much Fish Dog :lol:

Has anyone ever gotten a hand infection from not cleaning there bait good enough before putting it on the hook :roll:
Do you think washing your bait with Dial antibacterial soap would prevent you from getting a hand infection :roll:
What about splinters? Dont you think someone should sand the boards on the pier? A splinter in the foot would really hurt.Then being distracted, A stray puppy could sneek up on me :shock:
Dont you wish the world was a safer place :cry:
If I got drunk,Would that take my worrys away :roll:
But getting drunk, Wouldnt that be bad for my liver :roll:

Just messin with ya Fish Dog. :lol:
I think my 3 month vacation was a bit to long :P

Halibut Dude
07-25-2007, 01:00 PM
I know a couple of ppl who snag constantly like everyday at the pier but they do it for the fish i never asked but i think they do it because they need to eat and there poor...idk but i think it no fun snagging