PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 09-01-10

MonsterGuppy
09-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Had to take care of some stuff around the house this morning so I got a late start, hit the lake and got to my first spot around 12:45. Stripers were boiling yes! but I did not have a rod setup yet:( There were 2 boats working the top water action and i'm getting a lure out of the tackle box and trying to tie it on as fast as I can. The school moves and now the fish are jumping all around my boat and im still messing with gear. The other boats move up some and then the school sinks out and thats it for the next few hours.

Spent the next few hours looking for more boils an watching water dropping planes training picking up water and dropping it.

Finally @ 6pm the boils started up again and picked up a quick 5 fish, nothing big average 2 pounds or so but fun as gets on top water:))

Sorry no pics but will try to add a video of the fire dept scooping water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxCy2NwPLFc

Fishthewhaler
09-02-2010, 01:01 AM
At this time of the year, having a topwater ready to go before you even get to the lake is a must. Keep your eyes peeled and finger on the trigger. When they do go off make sure and breathe...

fishinone
09-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Congrats on the catching.

I was crossing the lake once in a slow aluminum when they were picking up water. It was very exciting, I thought I was going to wind up dropped on a fire.

You should leave the topwater tied on.

HBAR
09-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Cool clip just wondering how many times a fish has been found at the fire site after it's been put out, that would be funny to see