PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Castaic upper lake striper update

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Going tomorrow-Sat 4-21, any new developments for the stripers...depth, trolling, cut bait, general hot areas ?

Haven't been there for a bit but the ski arm was good then, heard that the west ramp area has been good, can anyone verify ?

one_leg
04-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey Gary, do you ever catch any small fish?
I wanna see some of the dinks you've been saddled with too.
I know you must catch your share of itty bitty ones.
Keep the pics coming. Especially the Biggies!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

And do use clicker baits exclusively? Can we see a pic of the ones you use?

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Hey Gary, do you ever catch any small fish?
I wanna see some of the dinks you've been saddled with too.
I know you must catch your share of itty bitty ones.
Keep the pics coming. Especially the Biggies!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

And do use clicker baits exclusively? Can we see a pic of the ones you use?

Beleive it or not, I just started using clicker bait about 2 months ago...I think your not clear on what it is, I will send you a summons to dispute the validity of the term but it's actually a live crawdad...

I'll generally use dropshoted roboworms for the largemouths but never limit myself to any one tequnique, I'll use whatever I can get 'em on, for instance, 2 nights ago I was stitchin those nightcralwers...my objective is to catch fish & I really don't care what I have to do to get 'em, over here at the lagoon I've been pitchen them clicker baits but it seems the water isn't warm enough for the bass to be targeting them ...yet...the lagoon will bust wide open in the next 2-3 weeks provided we get a steady barometer so the water has a chance to warm up.

See attached, for some other catches since I seem to be boring you with my hawg slayings.... : ) just kidding...

BakoBassin
04-20-2007, 02:27 PM
What's with the birds? That's funny.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-20-2007, 02:54 PM
What's with the birds? That's funny.

They simply grabbed my live sardine (happens allot) most people cut the line...I battle 'em in, remove the hook, take a photo and send 'em on the way ! never injure them and I'm not doing it on purpose, some days them idiot pelican will keep taking the bait and I'll end up catching about 6-8 in a day (not bad w/ alittle orange sauce) just kidding !

one_leg
04-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Enough with the Dink pics already!

Ha Ha. J/K Even your little bass look big.

Wow, now your really scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
That pic of you when you were a kid looks like an antique photograph.

I saw that pelican and I was like, WTF?
I figured you got bored catching lots of big fish and started chasing down the pelicans for fun.
Hey Spiceguy, how does Pelican Taste?

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Enough with the Dink pics already!

Ha Ha. J/K Even your little bass look big.

Wow, now your really scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
That pic of you when you were a kid looks like an antique photograph.

I saw that pelican and I was like, WTF?
I figured you got bored catching lots of big fish and started chasing down the pelicans for fun.
Hey Spiceguy, how does Pelican Taste?

Have racks of photos, added those for texture...tried adding more but it's not allowing them...how do I clean out the old my to make more space on this site, again not real savvy with this site yet but I am learning...
Still want some Castaic striper info, going tomorrow morning, called the marina, they said b4 the winds the main ramp/dam area was happening on a cut bait bite, I know someone has some info....need the info.... help me out brotha !

one_leg
04-20-2007, 03:47 PM
I bet someone knows where they're biting. Not me though.

I like the smaller clickers because they seem to work better for me.
Latey I have been catching them with plastic ones.

Just an observation:
You could try posting your old photos in the PHOTOS section.
Most people want to see NEW PHOTOS in the REPORTS sections.
You could link to the PHOTOS setion from your reports.

Due to a lack of fish lately, I have been unable to to experiment with the new photo posting restrictions.
I know that some people prefer to use a PHOTOBUCKET account to post their pics.
http://photobucket.com/

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-20-2007, 03:54 PM
I bet someone knows where they're biting. Not me though.

I like the smaller clickers because they seem to work better for me.
Latey I have been catching them with plastic ones.

Just an observation:
You could try posting your old photos in the PHOTOS section.
Most people want to see NEW PHOTOS in the REPORTS sections.
You could link to the PHOTOS setion from your reports.

Due to a lack of fish lately, I have been unable to to experiment with the new photo posting restrictions.
I know that some people prefer to use a PHOTOBUCKET account to post their pics.
http://photobucket.com/

Thanks, I get what your saying in theory, I'll have to "fish" around and see what I can do, be aware, I was posting some old ones but rest assured, I am ALWAYS catching fish, literally 3-5 times a week, I am so insane with fishing, I am going after work in this rain for a little while, You seem like an avid fisherman...lets do some fishing sometime soon, the lagoon will be busting wide open b4 you know it but I am open to fish anywhere...all I have is a 12' skiff but always ready to just hit the shore as well..

Hope to trade some secrets w/ ya soon (pending the confidentiality disclosure) : ) :lol:

one_leg
04-20-2007, 04:02 PM
I'd fish with you from your 12 footer! Bass don't care how big the boat is.
If I go it'll only need to an 11 footer. :lol: