PDA

View Full Version : 8-30 at Irvine

SuperSonicBASS
08-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Hello fellow FNN'ers!

This is my first post, I hope ya'll enjoy. Got to the lake right at opening and rented a boat (it is a tragedy that I am boat-less, lol).

First decided to use my brand spanking-new frog over in the back of Santiago Flats. I found a nice little cove where the bass were coming up all around me. I threw the frog for nothing and switched to the 7" bass assassin for no dice as well. I then deemed these bass were too good for me, my frog, and my flukes.

Moved to the Clay Cliffs around 7AM found 'em, but this time they were ready to bite. Threw the frog and a bass hit it, BUT this time being my first ever frogging experience I got excited and pulled the frog right out of his mouth. Second cast, same frog, same spot, and probably the same bass because he hit it again but I was too slow on the hookset and he got off. This must've happened 5 times! I never got any of them to the boat! By this time the wind had come up and I thought it was best to move on.

I went to Sierra Cove to throw the frog some more and did a little dropshotting. But all for nothing. I then tried Rocky Point with the frog and wacky rigged a senko, but nothing.

I finally decide to go way back into Santiago Flats around 1:30PM with my 3" wooly bug rigged texas style. I FINALLY LAND ONE! I was so happy. I had gone back in that area before, but the water was really low and I thought the bass would like a little deeper water around noonish, but nope.

Anyways I hope you guys and gals enjoyed my first post! The picture is the only one landed way back in the flats. Here's the breakdown:

HITS: 6
LANDED: 1
LURES USED: Spro Bronzeye Frog 65 (Leopard color), 7" Bass Assassin weightless, 5" Senko (Pumpkin Seed color), 5" Roboworm (Oxblood and Purple color), 3" Wooly Bug (Watermelon Red Flake color)

SuperSonicBASS

fish ful
08-31-2010, 08:32 AM
nice report! thanks for the post and welcome to FNN. Next time try a bait that is closer to the size of the shad now. last week they were about 2"-4" shad around and i had great luck on a 2" and 3" swim baits. Big worms work good sometimes too but you need to work them slow in the deeper water.

MAVERICK27
09-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Nice post And great frog action!!