PDA

View Full Version : info on hesperia lake?

troutguy26
08-30-2010, 11:01 AM
i remember killin trout there in the winter and it used to be my favorite lake. Does anyone know how the water clarity is there these days? havent been there in a couple years..is it still pea soup green? and/or does anyone know if it will get better anytime soon? i heard cats are doing good there, but im a big trout guy.thanks for any info.Tight LineZ.

TG26

a321eric
08-30-2010, 02:14 PM
still a split pea soup fishing lake. personally i cant stand it. ha rather go to the narrows. or jess ranch

bayfishingjunkie
08-30-2010, 09:09 PM
25214Take a chance and fish Spring Valley Lake (take Bear valley rd East to spring valley pkwy. It supposed to be residents only are allowed to fish it but It can be done.... Just don't bring attention to yourself... Its been a while since I fished it but here is a pic of the last bass i caught there.. (on my way to work )

a321eric
08-30-2010, 10:13 PM
25214Take a chance and fish Spring Valley Lake (take Bear valley rd East to spring valley pkwy. It supposed to be residents only are allowed to fish it but It can be done.... Just don't bring attention to yourself... Its been a while since I fished it but here is a pic of the last bass i caught there.. (on my way to work )

ha i really want to fish that lake but im scared to get caught ha. need to find a friend that lives there lol

troutguy26
08-30-2010, 10:54 PM
thanks for the info..im actually camping at the narrows this coming week..so maybe ill have to walk up to spring valley!

AngryAgent
08-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Hesperia will never be the fishery it used to be until it is dredged and some kind of flow system is put in. The water as it stands right now has no flow and with all the years of the high desert winds blowing dirt, leaves & trash into the water without having a proper flow system has now made it a piece of chit. That was hands down the best trout lake out of them all for years but no longer. Half of the trout that are caught have bumps on their bodies and are just in bad condition. If you're reading this Ed get on the ball and take the bull by the horns. Make something happen cuz your lake sucks and all the regulars that used to fish there that haven't been fishing it for the last few years aren't coming back, and that's a lot of money you're now out. I know that dredging the lake costs tons of money but you have spent money for other things like fence around the lake and filling in other parts of the lake and yadda yadda... Your lake used to be the best.

Rant over..

troutguy26
08-31-2010, 01:27 AM
i feel u on that agent..that lake used to hold huge trout and awesome jig bites..its really sad now! i hope ed does something soon!

usmcfisherman
09-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Hesperia will never be the fishery it used to be until it is dredged and some kind of flow system is put in. The water as it stands right now has no flow and with all the years of the high desert winds blowing dirt, leaves & trash into the water without having a proper flow system has now made it a piece of chit. That was hands down the best trout lake out of them all for years but no longer. Half of the trout that are caught have bumps on their bodies and are just in bad condition. If you're reading this Ed get on the ball and take the bull by the horns. Make something happen cuz your lake sucks and all the regulars that used to fish there that haven't been fishing it for the last few years aren't coming back, and that's a lot of money you're now out. I know that dredging the lake costs tons of money but you have spent money for other things like fence around the lake and filling in other parts of the lake and yadda yadda... Your lake used to be the best.

Rant over..

i heard hes trying but the city wont give him the permits to do so.

troutguy26
09-01-2010, 10:03 PM
i heard hes trying but the city wont give him the permits to do so.

well hopefully that is the case and he can push past that and get it soon ..cuz if he does, hesperia is back on the map!

Trout 1
09-01-2010, 10:15 PM
i have heard so much good about this lake untill a few years ago. I wanna get into one of those awesome jig bites Troutguy has told me about!!!! Come on hesperia get on the ball!!!

Trout 1

Nessie Hunter
09-02-2010, 08:25 AM

Rant over..

Well said, I agree 100%...............
I used to be a regular, and bought the 10 pass books, for myself and gave them as gifts.
Not any more, havnt fished it in years and its 2 miles down the street!!!!!!!!!

Spring Valley Lake has had some issues of late also, Algae bloom and shallow water has turned it into a dump for fishing...
I think they have warnings about Pollution posted????
It also is Private and they have stepped up security due to crime.
Also they just put in a bunch of Security Cameras....
I wouldnt recommend going there at all..
Dont think there are any catchable fish anymore either???

It needs to be dredged out and some Water Quality work done & then a restocking of game fish...
Kind of like Hesperia lake!!!!!!!!!!!

Mojave Narrows and Jess Ranch are the only two "reasonably decent" spots in the immediate area...
Of course Silverwood & the Duct........

fvenegas
09-02-2010, 08:55 AM
i totally agree with angry guy. years ago this was the best trout lake we had up here. now its just a mud hole put and take pond. you could go to jess ranch and pay what is it 17 dollars, thats more money than any lake ive been to except maybe sarl. you could try the narrows but since the flood this last winter it is dry except the little pelican lake. also i find it crazy that won advertises hesperia lake as the most heavily stocked lake in CA.

Mudslide
09-02-2010, 09:39 AM
I've been fishing Hesperia Lake recently and agree with most of the comments. I usually hit this lake up since I live in Victorville off Roy Rogers/15. When I first started fishing the lake I got skunked a few times until I had a couple nice regulars hook me up with the lowdown on how/what to use. The price in my opinion is somewhat high ($15 for one 'session') and should be for an all day outing. The staff has always been polite and kind and helpful when I had questions. The facilities have been clean and readily avaiable (trash cans/porta johns). I regularly take my daughter to fish here for some bonding time. She likes it.

Most of the time the people are courteous that fish here, occasionally you'll have some people that talk loud enough to hear from one side to the other or the people that play music so loud you'll think you're at a rock concert or in Tijuana.

The only real ***** I have about this place is that every week the Fish Report says that 2k of fish is dumped into this lake.... The average cat I see pulled out is 1-2 lbs....I have YET to see the 10-30lb fish that are supposedly in there. Back to my original point of the 2k supposed stock each week. You guys have been there and know how small the lake is...if they really were stocking 2k each week (I think) that people wouldn't have any issue limiting out. I've only seen a handful of people do it, and my best is a 4 catfish night session... The best time seems to be Monday when they stock it...or within a few days unless you know the 'secrets'.

Overall it's not a bad place, normally quiet, good scenery and polite people. I plan on branching out Glen Helen this Saturday and see what it's like over there....

Oh...and I was able to catch two 15" wipers out of the lake on seperate occasions....made for a nice fight out of the norm...

-K

troutguy26
09-02-2010, 10:25 AM
i hear ya andrew! haha thanks for the info nessie! i guess i wont be walking up to spring valley..haha but i will try my luck at pelican..hopefully since they only have 1 lake there now they stock it pretty good with cats..i just wish hesperia can pick it up and get what they need done so it can b an awesome lake again.. and mudslide, havent tried glen helen yet this summer...its my home lake, i live like 2 miles away, but last summer i just put a piece of mackeral about 2 feet or so under a bobber and fished the coves..mostly by the snackbar, but on the other side, like where the tree is on the corner with the rocks..right by that bridge with the bobber/mackeral combo..idk how else to explain it.. if ur a local u kno that spot... hopefully u get how im trying to decribe it..lol goodluck and tight lineZ..
TG26