PDA

View Full Version : Solo troll..sat...striper alley

Fishthewhaler
08-30-2010, 08:32 AM
i FOUND STRIPER ALLEY ON SAT! A SPOT WHERE IT WAS EASY PICKENS ON THE SCHOOLIES, I DID A FEW PASSES AND IT WAS GAME OVER . THE DAY WENT LIKE THIS:I TROLLED TOWARDS ELIZABETHS FOR NADA. FOUND A SPOT WHERE SOME BOILS CAME UP IN BETWEEN ALL THE BOAT TRAFFIC, I GOT 1 CAST ON EM FOR A BLOW UP AND NICER FISH OF THE DAY, NEEDLESS TO SAY IT WAS ON THE SKIINY SHAD KPN. TROLLED THROUGHT THE SPOT WHERE THEY HAD BOILD FOR ANOTHER QUICK ONE. I WASN'T WFO , SO I KEPT LOOKING , I HEADED AROUND C POINT WITH 3 IN THE BOX, THEN THEY WENT OFF. I WAS GETTING SMASHED ON THE U RIGS, HAVING A BLAST. FOUND A COLOR AND A SPOT WHERE THEY WENT STUPID, AND MANGED TO FINISH OFF MY DAY WITH A SOLID DOUBLE INTO THE NET. RELEASE SOME DINKS, LOST A FEW AT THE NET, AND WAS SHORT BIT A FEW TIMES. TROLLING WAS BEST IN THE 35-75 FEET OF WATER. I BASICALLY WOULD GO DOWN ONE SECTION OF BEACH AND GET FISH EVERY TIME. TURN AROUND AND DO IT ALL OVERAGAIN. THIS CONTINED TILL I HAD ENOUGH AND CALLED IT A DAY AT 6PM. AFTERNOON BITE WAS EXCELLENT. I'LL BE BACK OUT THERE REAL SOON. ALL FISH WERE BBQ'D SUNDAY TO ALOT OF HAPPY FRIENDS AND FAMILY..
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp273/fishthenomad/0829101113-00.jpg

Agro
08-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Damn! Nice to see they are chewing the troll rigs! Its about time.

Thanks for the report.

kpn
08-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Damon,
Good job finding them stripey bro. It's good to hear you getting them on the troll too.
It was slow yesterday afternoon.

KPN.

Fishthewhaler
08-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Damon,
Good job finding them stripey bro. It's good to hear you getting them on the troll too.
It was slow yesterday afternoon.

KPN.

best part about it was i had the spot to myself, and only saw one other boat trolling. Only the lake laice were thick, but i got a few waves from them as i slay'd stripey...lotsa fun. today I finished rigging up some more umbrellas, and addind a little flahbou to the teasers....Its deadly

SDDave
08-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Nice job getting into them, I was there also on Saturday by myself and the lice were thick, and the water was really bouncy from all the traffic. After labor day thing should calm down and only get better.

fishinone
08-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Nice job on the troll.

I'm glad to hear that they're going.

trail blazer
08-31-2010, 01:58 PM
WTG !!!!!!!!!!!!

The on,m again i see again!!!,,,,,,,,BOILS!!!!,,,,,,Cant wait to get on,M like that again,,,,,,,,NICEEE

Fishthewhaler
09-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Nice job getting into them, I was there also on Saturday by myself and the lice were thick, and the water was really bouncy from all the traffic. After labor day thing should calm down and only get better.

I think i might have talked to you for a second. I had said that the stripers were boiling there when the traffic died down, I was in the small whaler, i beleive tou had a champion...

SDDave
09-01-2010, 09:41 AM
I think i might have talked to you for a second. I had said that the stripers were boiling there when the traffic died down, I was in the small whaler, i beleive tou had a champion...

Yeah, thats right, I fished lastnite for a coulpe hours and that spot was WFO

Koontaj
09-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Man that the bomb. That sounds like fun. I going to get one of those umbrellas and try it out. You think my Avet sx 20lb work....what a good setup.

X

Koontaj
09-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeah, thats right, I fished lastnite for a coulpe hours and that spot was WFO

Im saving my pennies to go on one of your guided trips.....one day

crappiemike
09-01-2010, 06:22 PM
good report and pics!!! sounded like a good day.........

cm

Fishthewhaler
09-02-2010, 01:07 AM
Man that the bomb. That sounds like fun. I going to get one of those umbrellas and try it out. You think my Avet sx 20lb work....what a good setup.

X

I use the avet w/20 lb. I am not sure which Avet, it is the tiniest one they make with lever drag. Also the shimano's with linecounters are great.