PDA

View Full Version : Pursuit 8/29

chris273
08-29-2010, 09:56 PM
got to my buddies house at 3:15 on the road at 3:30...pulled up to the crack at a little after 4am.....there was about 6 cars in line, told my buddy jus to take me to the landing & drop me off....get there about 4:15 4th person in line whooooo hooooo....

buddy take off to the crack while i wait, well about 4:30 a large goup of gentlemen show up with walmart bags and new walmart pecial rigs & i tell myself it does payoff to get up this early lol...so i think....i soon find out that this big group is with 2 of the guys in front of me waiting in line.....take a look at the time it 4:50 & wheres my jack in a crack???? call my bud he jus got to the window lol...

so the window opens to buy tix the first guy buys like 3 tix, then the next gentlemen grabs 12 tix yes i said 12 the whole back row & some....the next person grabs 2 spots & then i grab 2 red 5 & 6....so at about 5:20 im ready rods tackle box in hand infront of the gate not first but close(im getting a damn bunk) so a little after 5:30 the call us down & a couple anglers werent ready & slow off the line so yeee haaaawww 2nd in boarding drop the gear and get two2520525204252032520225201 good bunks...

get to san pedro bait & the tide change is there so we get on the other side load up on dines & chovies..... tide change leaves about 10 min before us next thing i know where passing up the tide change they slowed up so the could follow us to our spot since they couldnt find there own lol...

first spot was sculpin & rockfish, i got a couple sculpins....stayed here for about 2hrs or so then moved into the shallows & fish the kelp.....we moved around the kelp to about 3-4 spots & i got some more shorties bass & maybe 3 keepers all released.....there was some sheaphead,whitefish,blue perch mixed in there not great numbers but like always cant complain i got bent & had fun so thats all that matters

murrieta angler
08-30-2010, 05:01 PM
I think that's B.S. about the guys buying all of his buddies tickets for them. You should have complained to management.
The more I hear about the landings up there, the less I like them,that comes form personal experiences also.
At least you got some fish.
Thanks for the report and pics,
Robert

chris273
08-30-2010, 10:13 PM
I think that's B.S. about the guys buying all of his buddies tickets for them. You should have complained to management.
The more I hear about the landings up there, the less I like them,that comes form personal experiences also.
At least you got some fish.
Thanks for the report and pics,
Robert

in his defense he did make a reservation for 12 that i did make sure of lol