PDA

View Full Version : Seccombe Spinner Bite

CPT. Kirk
08-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Fished Seccombe late this morning between 9:00 and 10:30 I started of walking around the east side of the lake chucking my 1/4 oz strikeking Sexy Shad Spinner. As I walk around the shoreline I could see Bluegill Scurrying around. Conditions looked good a little over cast with a slight breez. I'm working the shoreline fast because I dont have much time. I found a spot that contained shade, grass and Bluegill. I caught a nice 15 to 16inch LMB I ask a nearby angler to snap a photo before I released the fish. He was very surprised that I let her go.
I hooked another one after another cast are two and let a young boy fishing for Bluegill real it in the fish came off but I was able to another for him to real in a couple of cast later.
I proceded to catch 4 other fish in the same spot they all range around 13 to 14 inches.
I fished a couple of other spots with no luck before leaving.
Not bad 90 minutes of Urban fishing in downtown San Barnardino

fishmounter
08-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Very cool of you to let that kid reel in a bass! You probably got him started into the great hobby of fishing that he will pursue the rest of his life. Nice going on catching the educated bass too.

jonnyfishon
08-29-2010, 02:45 PM
be careful that place can be a scandalous