PDA

View Full Version : Who's giving rides on bass boats......???

Lunker1979
08-29-2010, 12:19 AM
Alright, I'm in the market for a bass boat.......I've never even been on one though. Who wants to take me.....??? LOL I like the nitros and the Champions the best I think. (Look wise anyway) I'm not sure what I need on one and what I don't. I think I'm going to rent that bass taxi guy for a day so I can play around on his boat for a while. As far as Engine size, 150 would be sufficient wouldn't you think?? I don't see the point of a 250 unless you are fishing tournaments and need to go 90 mph. Anyone giving free rides?? I'm pretty knowledgeable about fishing and we can share some secrets??

Bassnman Mike
08-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Hey,

Your going to get all kinds of suggestions as to which brand you should get. Myself, I love the Champion's. Years back I fished as a non-boater in draw tournaments and I got to ride in a varity of bass boats and learned alot about them during the process. In my opinion the Champions had the smoothest ride in rough water. When I went shopping for one the best advice I got was to get the best and biggest you can afford. I'm now on my third one and have never regretted purchasing any of them. Currently I have a fully loaded White/Black 210 Elite SCX.

I might be able to take you out for a day, where are you located at and are you willing to split expenses for the day?

BassnMan Mike

Lunker1979
08-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Hey,

Your going to get all kinds of suggestions as to which brand you should get. Myself, I love the Champion's. Years back I fished as a non-boater in draw tournaments and I got to ride in a varity of bass boats and learned alot about them during the process. In my opinion the Champions had the smoothest ride in rough water. When I went shopping for one the best advice I got was to get the best and biggest you can afford. I'm now on my third one and have never regretted purchasing any of them. Currently I have a fully loaded White/Black 210 Elite SCX.

I might be able to take you out for a day, where are you located at and are you willing to split expenses for the day?

BassnMan Mike

Oh of course not......I have no problem splitting expenses for the day. Everytime I go it costs me 3 bucks, plus 7 bucks, plus the rental boat, so yeah anything sounds better then that! I don't even know what it costs you to use your own boat, 3 per person, plus 7 plus??? Is it comfortable for 3 people? These are all the things I just want to experience for myself and see before I purchase. I appreciate the offer. I'm in Fontana and can generally go on the weekends or possibly Fridays. My wife is a school and I'm off Friday -Sunday, except I watch my daughter on Fridays. If I get enough notice I'll get a babysitter for Fridays and go then. Thank ya sir!

xjdesertfox
08-29-2010, 02:13 PM
We run a 2008 Nitro Z-7 With the merc optimax 150. The 150 is more than enough power for an 18 foot boat on lakes with speed limits. Half the time i get on it i dont realize when the boat planes out that i'm already going 40-45.

Fishing 2 people on an 18 foot is ok, 3 people is slightly crowded. I'd go with the 150 just out of fuel efficiency, we've filled up the boat's 45 gallon tank once this summer and have taken it out over a dozen times and it still has fuel.

Lunker1979
08-29-2010, 05:25 PM
We run a 2008 Nitro Z-7 With the merc optimax 150. The 150 is more than enough power for an 18 foot boat on lakes with speed limits. Half the time i get on it i dont realize when the boat planes out that i'm already going 40-45.

Fishing 2 people on an 18 foot is ok, 3 people is slightly crowded. I'd go with the 150 just out of fuel efficiency, we've filled up the boat's 45 gallon tank once this summer and have taken it out over a dozen times and it still has fuel.

Let me guess.....you paid 500 bucks for that boat somewhere in Mexico??

Bassnman Mike
08-29-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't even know what it costs you to use your own boat, 3 per person, plus 7 plus???

I understand the first part of that sentence but I don’t understand the "3 per person, plus 7 plus???"

Are you saying that your 7 foot plus? If so, d@mn I thought I was big at 6’2, HA! If that is the case then you would need a big boat. As to being comfortable for 3 people, like I said my 2008 Champion is a 210 Elite SCX, which is 20 feet 10 inch with a single console and yes it fishes 3 comfortably. Of course if all onboard are throwing big swim baits with big rods then you just have to be aware where others are at in the boat so you don’t stick them when you make a cast. Of course a big boat need big power, mine has a Mercury Racing 250 XS. Yes, its a lot of boat with a lot of power.

As to the cost of operating a boat, of course there is fuel for the boat, fuel for the tow vehicle, entry and launch fees at the lake, if any apply. Those are the only expenses I would expect anyone to split with me. Other expenses when you have your own boat are life jackets, oil for the motor, boat and trailer registration, tires for the trailer, bi-yearly water pump replacement and of course any other expenses as they occur.

Another way to get exposure to various bass boats is to join a bass club. You’ll get the opportunity to meet fellow bass anglers and as a non-boater they will pair you up with a boater when they have their club tournaments.

I’m up in Ridgecrest myself with Isabella being the closest lake to me but I do like to fish other lakes. As to the which days, I personally prefer Fridays because there are generally less “Lake Lice” running around. As to when, the wife is having ankle surgery this Tuesday and I’ll have to take care of her for awhile so I wont be available for probably the next 2 weeks, give or take, it depends on how quickly she recovers. PM me your email and we can stay in touch and I’ll let you know when I’m available. Trust me, I’ll be more than ready to wet a line seeing.

BTW, I do practice catch and release and I would expect that any bass caught out of my boat to be released. Yes, I always carry a digital camera, digital scale and ruler.

BassnMan Mike

Lunker1979
08-29-2010, 06:24 PM
PM sent....................

xjdesertfox
08-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Let me guess.....you paid 500 bucks for that boat somewhere in Mexico??

Oh hey look, another example of trying to help you and you taking a stick up your ***.

Lunker1979
08-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Shut up dude, calm down............I was kidding..........ok, let me start by saying, "I;m not trying to be rude or anything," but did you pay 500 bucks for that in mexico?? There, that sounds familiar!

xjdesertfox
08-29-2010, 08:21 PM
yea actually, i can actually take that as a joke, instead of a jackass remark.

Lunker1979
08-29-2010, 10:05 PM
yea actually, i can actually take that as a joke, instead of a jackass remark.

There's no crying in fishing.

catfish 17
09-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Hahahahahahaha

WARRIORMIKE
09-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Either Ranger or a Champion.IF not in your price range, go to a Skeeter. Do not invest in a Nitro, worst piece of equipment ever. Sorry Nitro owners. Also check out Anglers Marine in Anaheim, they can assist you if you have any questions on bass boat. Good luck on your investment

cutbait
09-09-2010, 08:26 PM
you mentioned "3+7 plus rental boat expense so anything would be better".

Owning your own boat is EXPENSIVE! Up keep, towing fuel costs, Gas etc, etc.

A trip to any lake for me would be 100 minimum.

Even if you live just around the corner from the lake. Lake fees, gas in boat and oil would be 40-50 bucks a trip minimum.

How much are you thinking of spending on a boat? New or used?