PDA

View Full Version : Trolled the Upper........Didn't see any boils today.

4_D_ HALIBUT
08-27-2010, 09:59 PM
I had two people cancel on me, but I had the day off and I wanted to fish. So, I loaded up the boat and headed out to catch some fish. The plan for the day was to troll hard, while keeping my eyes peeled, for the much anticipated boils.

The rigs were in the water by by 6:45. I started trolling the fish arm and as I cruised along the shoreline, I see some guy fishing from shore, and he is hooked up. By the bend in his rod, it looks like it could be a decent fish.

I am right in front of him when he landed what looked like, about a 5 or 6 pound largemouth. I watched him for a minute, as I drove by, and was somewhat bothered to see him reach into his tackle bag and pull out a stringer. I was going to say something, but in the end, it was his decision to make.

As for my day, I had no trouble catching 10 stripers by 1:00. The problem was that the fish were all very small.I got one that was 18" and the rest were all about 14". So it goes without saying that they all were released to fight another day, even their 18" buddy. I kept trolling until about 2:00, catching 4 more dinks and then called it a day.

It's always fun when you catch, but I wanted some taco meat! Oh well maybe next time.

SDDave
08-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the report, It's always a bummer to see guys take the nicer largmouth, with so many stripers in the lake just no need for it.
I fished the afternoon and found stripers on most of the main lake points, didn't see any boils, saw a fish break here and there and some bass chazing shad, but it good, it could go off at any time with all the bait that up now...

FDBCentral
09-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Heya 4 d,

If you dont mind me asking, what did you troll with? Lures, depth?

Thanks
Leo