PDA

View Full Version : A bad day....turn out.....NICE................BOILS....BOILS.

kpn
08-26-2010, 03:53 PM
I fished Castaic this morning with John “FarmerJohn” on his boat. The agenda of the day was to look for boils in the morning and bait & wait after.
We got to the lake later than usual, so we did not see any boils. We went to the bouy line bait down @ 8.15am…..wait…….wait………….and wait. Not even a nibble, we moved two difference spot, but not thing touch ours line, we metered ton of fish, but they don’t bite. By 10.00am we moved to Elizabeth Canyon bait down and waited….wait ……wait and moved to last spot….wait..…..wait and more wait :Sad:.
At about 12.45pm I asked John to drop me off to go home to drop some lures at Gallions and to pick up my son from school, as planned. And take the skunk :mad:!
On the way in, we passed one point in the corner of ours eyes we spot a small boils, we turn around and with top water lures I got 1 striper and 1 lmb on that boil, John got one small striper on that boil also. The boil fizzle out as fast as we saw them and we circle around to look for them……..and we found them in the middle of the small cove with a larger boils, we motor over and the fun begin………………..In the next 15min I caught 5 stripers and John could not get bit, so he tie the KPN top water on first cast as the lure landed he hook up with a nicer schoolie. We end up with 8 in about 20 minutes.
This is the first time I saw a larger school of shad, nicer size too.
Here is the picture of the LMB.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/Castaictopwaterstripers004.jpg

Cooler shot.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/Castaictopwaterstripers008.jpg

We did not take any action shot, because we too busy fishing the boils.

John stayed back for the afternoon bite/boils.
Good luck John and thanks for the invite.

KPN.

cutbait
08-26-2010, 03:56 PM
NICE!!

Sounds like a blast

msos
08-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Finally I heard a word boil! Can't wait to try my KPN top water lures.

dixoncider
08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
I would say that is a good advertisement for those jigs for sure....

Hitts0n
08-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Good stuff KPN ! I'm glad you hung in there for the last monute slay !

trail blazer
08-26-2010, 05:32 PM
NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sounds like the B,L might finally be gettin a break

fishinone
08-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the report Khanh. Congrats on the catch.

It's good to hear the word boil!

It,s that time of year.

KPN Topwater Time!

Topwater is just pure fun.

John,

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

SDDave
08-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Good to here... I think I'll head up there tomorrow and check it out, most times just cause there not visible doesn't mean they ain't there, I smell the jerk bait bite getting ready to start. Thank you for the the Info guys.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Nicely done....congrats : )

8 fish in a short period of time always perks up ones personal outlook for the day.

One could hope we start to see this patterning more regularly/daily but I think we're gonna still see this activity very sporatic at first...probably for the next few weeks before we start seeing a stable pattern...

I hope I am wrong it starts blasting TOMORROW though : )

Great job guys on getting your 1st Castaic Topwater feesh for the year....

SWEET !

Gary

kpn
08-27-2010, 02:07 PM
NICE!!

Sounds like a blast

Thanks Mike,
We had a good time chasing the boils.

Finally I heard a word boil! Can't wait to try my KPN top water lures.

Thanks,
I always have the top water lures tie on when I get on the water.

I would say that is a good advertisement for those jigs for sure....

What do you think? I just report what works on our adventure:Wink:.

Good stuff KPN ! I'm glad you hung in there for the last monute slay !

Thanks Armando,
I never got a skunk when fishing Castaic on a boat. I was sure we got the skunk yesterday before we spot the boils.....

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sounds like the B,L might finally be gettin a break

Thanks Scott,
We did not get a bite at the bouy line, and we decided to move.......
We saw some people got some schoolies @ the BL, when we were there.

Thanks for the report Khanh. Congrats on the catch.

It's good to hear the word boil!

It,s that time of year.

KPN Topwater Time!

Topwater is just pure fun.

John,

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Ron,
Get your KPN top water ready when you hit the water.....It's on.

Good to here... I think I'll head up there tomorrow and check it out, most times just cause there not visible doesn't mean they ain't there, I smell the jerk bait bite getting ready to start. Thank you for the the Info guys.

Thanks Dave,
I read your report & picture about the shad on one of the post, but never see them personally....until yesterday, the shad I saw are about 2.5" to 3" long.
Most of the time I hook up when the boils shink down and when my lures sub surface.

Nicely done....congrats : )

8 fish in a short period of time always perks up ones personal outlook for the day.

One could hope we start to see this patterning more regularly/daily but I think we're gonna still see this activity very sporatic at first...probably for the next few weeks before we start seeing a stable pattern...

I hope I am wrong it starts blasting TOMORROW though : )

Great job guys on getting your 1st Castaic Topwater feesh for the year....

SWEET !

Gary

Thanks Buddy,
I have to agree 100% with you about this. We did not see any boils in the morning when we got to the lake.......Hopefully they start boiling regularly soon.

Khanh aka KPN.

TroutOnly
08-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Wheres the big ones,i want big fish boils so i can toss my k-p-n and slay some pig stripeys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

kewlwhip
08-27-2010, 06:25 PM
wtg KPN-on the way in!!

my kpn has 1/2 paint left- too many fish have been hungry! lol

fishincrave
08-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Nice going there Khan good thing you saw that tiny boil on the small cove .
This is the best news i heard from Castaic i was getting sick and tired of baiting and waiting .
Can't wait for the chasing to begin:Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil:
i smell blood in the air :Twisted::Twisted::Twisted::Twisted::Twisted:

kpn
08-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Wheres the big ones,i want big fish boils so i can toss my k-p-n and slay some pig stripeys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just a few more week Bob....The big boys will show up and we can kill em.

wtg KPN-on the way in!!

my kpn has 1/2 paint left- too many fish have been hungry! lol

Thanks Kewly,
It doesn't matter with paint or not, the stripey loves the action of those lures....Ask Bob....He knows better than anyone about that :Wink:.

Nice going there Khan good thing you saw that tiny boil on the small cove .
This is the best news i heard from Castaic i was getting sick and tired of baiting and waiting .
Can't wait for the chasing to begin:Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil:
i smell blood in the air :Twisted::Twisted::Twisted::Twisted::Twisted:

Thanks Sean,
I'm happy to see the shad & boils at Castaic. It've been too long to wait for the boils.
Get those top water lure ready and let the fun begin :LOL:.

Khanh aka KPN.

Beeracuda211
08-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Nice job Kahn! Nice talking with you... the hunt awaits... ;)

kpn
08-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Nice job Kahn! Nice talking with you... the hunt awaits... ;)

I was nice talking to you too bro. It've been along time to hear from you. I thought the Pirate crews took you away :LOL:.
Go get em.

KPN.

JJT
08-30-2010, 07:04 AM
It was my first time going to the lake, I decided to check it out after reading everyones blogs and I was not disappointed. We pulled in 6 stipers right at the dock and then moved across the lake to a cove with a floating bathroom. Ran into a guy that looked like he fishes there every chance he can blue tritan boat with a straw hat he told me that he followed the boiles everyone talks about into the cove and sure enough it was like the water just exploded with fish! That was some fun fishing. Can't seem to find the KPN lures everyone swears by tho.

kpn
08-30-2010, 12:28 PM
It was my first time going to the lake, I decided to check it out after reading everyones blogs and I was not disappointed. We pulled in 6 stipers right at the dock and then moved across the lake to a cove with a floating bathroom. Ran into a guy that looked like he fishes there every chance he can blue tritan boat with a straw hat he told me that he followed the boiles everyone talks about into the cove and sure enough it was like the water just exploded with fish! That was some fun fishing. Can't seem to find the KPN lures everyone swears by tho.

Welcome aboard FNN.
Good job finding the fish.

You have a PM.

KPN.

HaiTheMeister
08-31-2010, 05:48 PM
oh yeah! it's that time again.