PDA

View Full Version : Newport Landing Twilight Trip 8/25/10

catfish 17
08-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Got to the landing at 6:55pm. The boat was supposed to leave at about 7:00pm. It was pretty empty, haven't fished on a boat that empty for a while.:Big Grin: Well before the workers were getting ready, i went to go get my tickets, then got on the boat and we were casting little anchovies by the boat dock when we were on the boat. Me and my cousin were catching yellow fin croackers. Good sizes too. We released all of them. Ok, now lets talk about the trip. The boat leaves, it takes us about 45 mins to get to the spot. I eat one of their really good hamburger.. yumm....:Razz:. On the way to our first spot, the captain spys a blue whale!! wow never seen one before. Finally saw one. cool. Anyways, the fishing sucked... It was hella cold, only caught 3 yellowfin croackers and a shark, not sure what kind of shark it was, but the colors were yellow with like black spots. My cousin only got 1 short calico. That was it.

But no one can beat the $24.99 deal.:LOL:

No pix, not even worth taking a camera.

Swank909
08-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Fishing has been a tad bit slow lately, but you're right, at 25$ not much you can complain about. Nothing beats good galley food!!! Better luck on your next trip

youngfish
08-26-2010, 07:42 PM
That shark was what we call a swell shark(not sure if that's there actual name) when you boat them, they puff up. Glad you enjoyed yourself even though you didn't catch too much. Come out and see us again sometime

jayfish0084
08-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Do you need a coupon for the twilight boat to get the $25 price or is that their normal price?