PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Niguel Lake

abovi001
08-26-2010, 10:46 AM
One of my all time favorite lakes... I know theres been a die off recently and they are now under new ownership.. anyone have any other info? Thinking about hitting it Saturday for bass, catfish, crappie and what not ... $10 a day and $25 for all day boat cant beat that ...

otisdis
08-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Been there a few time recently and only fish for catfish. They are really close to the shore right now. I've been getting a boat and fishing mostly on the back side of the lake in the reeds and near the inlet.

abovi001
08-26-2010, 11:18 AM
perfect thank you ... cut mackeral or meal worms mallow combo sound good? i love gettin right up in the weeds in the boat... best luck for cats has been down by right side of the dam in trees and the big island ... but ill try anywheree ..

THROWBACK RANGER
08-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Big cats are still there on overcast or rainy days they live in the reeds.. I used to flip 40lb. with monster baits and a strong flippin stick for double dig cats all day...keep on the move and flippin, be very quiet never drop anchor instead tie cat tails to the cleats on the boat! polarized glasses too.. sometimes they are stacked in piles !! since the die off I have caught Monster Carp up to 40lbs. cats up to 25lbs. Crappie are still 2lbs. but far and between not wide open like they used to be... Bass fishing used to be epic now its CRAP! I used to work there and know the place like the back of my hand .. Use Big baits like fresh mackeral chunks the size of a tennis ball..always flyline! Now that Rick has got the lake back im sure he will fix the Bass problem.. he used to have an agraculture permit which allowed him to take fish from differant boddies of water and put them in there.. like the bass came from alot of the local ponds and all the crappie we caught from Cuyamucka... one other problem Ive noticed with the die off is the Crayfish population is obselete now. But he could fix that with 1 trip to Piru Creek lol... No doubt Laguna Will come back to the way it was though !! Hope this helps

abovi001
08-30-2010, 08:19 AM
thank you THROWBACK RANGER... yea i mistakenly fell upon this lake driving to my dentist back in h/s and the first time there killed it ... by far my favorite pay lake and i must say one of the best looking... thank you for all the info ill be out there a lot real soon. Good to hear Rick has it back! cant wait for TROUT in a few months and in the mean time hoping to get on some nice kitties..