PDA

View Full Version : Who's got an update?/ Going tomorrow.......

Lunker1979
08-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Headed out tomorrow, who's got the latest info?? PM me if you would please and don't want to post it on here. Are the gates still opening at 6:15 does anyone know?

ddoskocil
08-26-2010, 09:29 AM
As far as I've heard, not much has changed the last month, small shad baits. I'm heading out Saturday, too. Chasing boils, maybe troll for some stripers after.

Lunker1979
08-26-2010, 10:21 AM
I can't decide if I should hit the duct at 5am or get in line at DVL at 5 am........if the bite was like last week, I'll go to DVL. It seems things have slowed a bit from what I've heard. I'll go to Bass Pro tonight and see if they have what I want, if not, I'll post a duct report.

heydaad
08-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Went to DVL yesterday (Wed). They open at 6:15 now, and we got there at 5:45 behind maybe 8 cars and one boat. At about 7:30 the boils began, all over. LMB chasing shad just below the surface. Try anything that mimicks shad. As you leave the ramp, head to the right, and hit the coves after the outhouse cove or at the outlet between the two dams. I got a monster crappie, well over 2 and maybe 3 pounds. Many missed strikes on the LMB though. Saw several around 5 caught, but not in my boat.

kzhlin
08-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Went to DVL yesterday (Wed). They open at 6:15 now, and we got there at 5:45 behind maybe 8 cars and one boat. At about 7:30 the boils began, all over. LMB chasing shad just below the surface. Try anything that mimicks shad. As you leave the ramp, head to the right, and hit the coves after the outhouse cove or at the outlet between the two dams. I got a monster crappie, well over 2 and maybe 3 pounds. Many missed strikes on the LMB though. Saw several around 5 caught, but not in my boat.

Dang heydaad! I went to dvl earlier this week and I got there at 4:50... with 22 cars in front of me...

heydaad
08-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Wed and Thurs are the BEST days there ... next midweek new moon should be a killer if the weather cooperates.

trevlavo
08-26-2010, 08:25 PM

lucky bastard...i went last wednesday and got there at 520a and we had 25 ahead of us...10 boats and 15 cars, well actually 14 cause one guy fell asleep waiting and we drove around him. we had a reserv. and with everything we were fishing by 7a. id assume wed is the busiest weekday cause of the half price boats.

RngrAngler18
08-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I will be out there tomorrow also, going to be by myself in the red and white ranger. I am pretty sure the gates still open at 6:15. I was out there last week for about 2 hours before my impeller went out on me and had to call it quits. But it was good, fished the boils with top waters and hollow bodied swimbaits in shad patterns.

Lunker1979
08-26-2010, 08:46 PM
I will be out there tomorrow also, going to be by myself in the red and white ranger. I am pretty sure the gates still open at 6:15. I was out there last week for about 2 hours before my impeller went out on me and had to call it quits. But it was good, fished the boils with top waters and hollow bodied swimbaits in shad patterns.

See ya there!! I'll be the good looking white dude with a black cucket hat catching the 10 pounders.....thanks for the responses boys! I'll let you know how I did.

RngrAngler18
08-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Haha sounds good Lunker I'll definitely see you out there good luck tomorrow!

aftahour
08-26-2010, 10:39 PM
ill be out there too but ill be on foot. the doors open @ 615.. i only got a few hrs to fish..