PDA

View Full Version : Lagoon night session 8-23-10

Ray Lopez
08-24-2010, 05:31 PM
It had been a while since i have fished the lagoon almost a month or so. I got my line wet at about midnight tossing drop shot robo in 6" oxblood and 6" folkstad special. I ended up slamming a 7 pound bass about 15 minutes into it. Then i moved further north and picked up a 4 pound bass then another 4 pounder. Then as i got to the weedy north end i switched up to a Strike King 5" Shim E Stick Smokey Shad on a weightless Texas rig. Ended up picking up a 5 pound bass shortly after. Then around 3am the bite slowed but i was able to pick off 2 more 2 pound bass on the drop shot to end the night. About 4am the bite was dead, no fish jumping or anything. So i called it a night at about 4:30am

Not a bad night at all.

7 pound
5 pound
two 4 pounders
and
two 2 pounders

6 fish over all!!!

The toads were definitely out and about last night.

AngryAgent
08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Headed up tomorrow night thanks for the report. I have been fishing it quite a bit lately with mixed results. Still looking for that DD..

Ray Lopez
08-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Headed up tomorrow night thanks for the report. I have been fishing it quite a bit lately with mixed results. Still looking for that DD..

As everyone says. Time on the water will eventually pay off. It's all about finding the right spots that hold the bigger fish during different times of the year. I have a few that i know of that spit out bigger fish on the regular. But mostly you gotta get out deeper for the DD girls. You can catch them in the shallows during certain times of the year from shore but otherwise you need that deep water presentation. But this time of the year you do see the big girls come out to play. I typically catch most of my big fish during this time of year. I enjoy this time better then the spawn to tell you the truth.

Hitts0n
08-24-2010, 10:36 PM
this report sucks....lol...pics !!!!!!???? Lets see them beautys!!

Ray Lopez
08-25-2010, 06:24 PM
this report sucks....lol...pics !!!!!!???? Lets see them beautys!!
Nothing special about a 7 pound bass. People have seen plenty of them on here. Plus i don't take pics at night anymore because they end up sucking plus i was by myself.

ghetto dad
08-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Nice report homie..great job