PDA

View Full Version : Any fish in the Santa Monica Mountains?

Ifishtoolittle
08-24-2010, 01:51 PM
On thursday I will be hiking around that area so I thought that maybe I could put in a little fishing time. What is up there or is there even any water source to fish from I have no idea. Can anyone help out? If there are streams I plan on fishing small grubs, PB, Gulp, powerworms, countdowns, well you get the picture. There's trout right? Thanks.

-IF2L

tpfishnfool
08-26-2010, 08:40 AM
You are out of luck on that deal. only water that has fish in the santa monica mountains is lake sherwood, lake elanor, westlake or lake malibu. All private.. The very small streams up around boney mt. are fishless. Only some salamanders is all I have ever seen.

AFFINITIVE1
08-29-2010, 10:06 AM
I fish century lake every couple of weeks and there are large mouth and bluegill @ the upper lake and some very big carp to. Ive caught them on DS, spinner bait and poppers you can see the bass all around the lake. i have fished there for about 4 years now my biggest bass was a 8lb bass alot of 2 and 3 pound class fish there so good luck and pratice CPR......<"{{<

midgettosser1
08-29-2010, 10:17 AM
malibu creek state park has bass and blue gill.

Ifishtoolittle
08-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the replies guys you are 3 of the 150 would were nice enough to share info. BTW I did look up the SM mountains and found that as mentioned that most of the waters are restricted to fishing. I went to the SG mountains instead. Again thank you guys for sharing info.

Sparky70
09-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Fish can't climb mountians.............

Ifishtoolittle
09-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Fish can't climb mountians.............

Har har. Some people can't too.