PDA

View Full Version : Pursuit 8/22/10

chris273
08-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Called in my reservation on Saturday around 5pm was the 40th reservation......woke up at 3am left my house in Northridge at 3:30......got to the infamous jack in the crack at 4:05 with 3 cars in front of me drive out of there at 4:20 with my breakfast jack & dr. pepper....get to the landing see about 7-8 people waiting not to bad chilled in the car till about 4:45 then went to get in line......paid for my tix black 6......captain called us down around 5:40 dues to people cutting in pushing & stuff I got a bunk but not a great one....rigged up... got our bait & off the Catalina at about 6:30...went down to my bunk woke up at 8 took a peak out where we where isnland in sight but still about 30-45 min out so I went back to bed lol.....
got to out first spot at about 9 drifted the deep water a few times for limits of grouper & others mixed in I had first fish on board a nice size grouper.....2nd spot was some kelp patties I was killing the short bass with a few legals mixed in...we drug the anchor so we moved to another spot it was a mac attack.. moved to some more kelp...and I was nailing the shorties again with some keepers mixed in.....couple more kelp spots with same results then it was time to head home.....jackpot went to another grouper mine came up jus a little bit short of being a winner oh well...head to my bunk for the trip home
all in all not a great day fishing but I had a blast caught some fish met some new peeps & it wasn't 105 degrees like it was in the valley lol
sorry no pics no fish worthy of taking a pic of this trip lol

JapanRon
08-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi chris273,

40th reservation .... you're a brave man !! Nice overview of the trip ..... thanks. Pictures are good ....whatever the subject on a trip !!

JapanRon

calico killer kevin
08-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Wanted to go tomorrow, but lack of yellows and bonies as well as this super south swell is keeping me on my board. Nice job though.

chris273
08-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Wanted to go tomorrow, but lack of yellows and bonies as well as this super south swell is keeping me on my board. Nice job though.

jus a heads up check yesterdays fish count 8/24...there was a landing that got into good amount of bones