PDA

View Full Version : lake gregory info

troutguy26
08-23-2010, 11:21 PM
i have been going the passed few weeks and killing them. my only question is, does anybody kno how the process is going with the water lowering and the algae along most of the shoreline? its a sweet lil lake and i enjoy fishing there A LOT! catch so many fish there so far this summer, its just been real bad along the shore and even off the shore too.thanks for the info anyone has. I will be glade to answer any ?'s u have in return.thanks

tight lines

AngryAgent
08-24-2010, 12:23 AM
That's pretty typical with most lakes in warm weather around the shoreline. Shallow water around the shoreline grows algae and weeds fast with the sun beating on it warming up the water. Don't worry that stuff will be gone as soon as it gets cold.

troutguy26
08-24-2010, 01:19 AM
4 sure..thanks..good thing is, doesnt seem to be effecting the bite...i usually catch around 15 a day..haha safe c&r of course

deepbluediver
08-26-2010, 07:25 AM
The last time I went to Lake Gregory was on Father's Day I couldn't cast out without bringing in some algae. I love fishing that lake and have been looking to go soon. When you say that you've been "killing them" what type of fish are you talking about?

troutguy26
08-29-2010, 05:31 PM
im talking about rainbows..they r normally on the small side tho

deepbluediver
08-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the update. Any info on your technique would be appreciated, I just bait and wait at baseball cove.

troutguy26
08-30-2010, 10:56 AM
thats what i have been doing... i tried drop shotting power worms and seemed to get only a few hits when i dead sticked it.. the water level by the baseball cove is way down so i moved down the left side of the cove where the big tree is half in and half out of the water and seemed to have a decent bite there.It is kinda tough there, though, because u have to cast under a tree and side cast it out..but if ur ok with doing that, then ur set.haha goodluck