PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear 8-22

bstolton
08-23-2010, 08:41 PM
The wife and I got to holloways marina a little before 7 am, rented a fishing boat and hit the water. Headed across the lake to the north shore just down from the ss relief. I set her pole up with a slip bobber and her favorite pb peach salmon. Before I could get my pole setup she`s got fish on, nice rainbow that ended up being the biggest of the day. I caught the next one about 20 min later on a nc. Then nothing for hours, we worked all along the north shore from the dam to just above the ss relief. It went completely dead for us. Around 1:30 decided we would take our time and troll back to the marina. I ended up catching two more on a gold thomas bouyant on the south side before and after boulder bay.A pretty good day after all, and beautiful weather too.
Bill2515125152

fishmounter
08-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Nice going. Sounds like a very nice day with the wife on the lake. Wish I was up there instead of down here in hot Riverside. What do they charge to rent a boat?

bman90278
08-24-2010, 04:54 AM
Nice report and pics. I see you went to Holloways Marina. Can you tell me how much you paid for your boat rental? I've been wanting to rent a boat up there.

thanks,
brian

etaggart
08-24-2010, 05:23 AM
Great job, Bill!!!! Thanks for reporting back. The late morning/early afternoon bite's generally been slow for me and others I read about here. Too bad you couldn't hang-out for the later afternoon/evening - I bet you would have slayed a few more.

Cheers,

Eric

bstolton
08-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Holloways charges 90 bucks for a day including gas which was the best price I found calling around to the different marinas, just your basic beat up fishing boat. It was weird how the bite shut down so quick in the morning, I think we might have done better if we would have trolled all day, but who knows. Any time I don`t get skunked I figure I am doing good. Just finished enjoying a couple of the trout for dinner.I hope to go back in oct or early nov before it snows and try my luck again.

Bill

diamondbear
08-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the report , the fish are in the top half of the water colum now . nice fish.

dondadda
08-25-2010, 11:58 AM
sounds like a nice trip... I wonder if the bite shutting down had anything to do w/ the earthquake that took place earlier that morning.

Thanks for sharing.

ghetto dad
08-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Nice job brother.....great fish....

JimmisLine
09-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Nice report. Nice trout, too.