PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin Area 8/21

Big B
08-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Fishing has been pretty tough around here as of late but we are still getting a couple of stripers every time out biggest about 4#'s basically just enough for some fish tacos twice a week. I did catch a smallmouth bass on an 4" fat IKA in the current out in the middle of the smaller channel, as soon as it hit the water he nailed it then got hung in some submerged trees, had my boy go out and free it and he said that there were four more smallmouth surrounding my hung up fish, he said "they are twice as big as the one you got dad" mine was only about 10 inches. Saw the biggest crayfish easily over 6 inches crawling by my feet but he got away when i tried to pin him with my pole in 5 feet of water. FYI the bigger striper was full of crayfish and crayfish parts. Good luck

Bryan

drifter023
08-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Big, you are doing better than I am just got back from there fished by Davis dam on the katherin side did not get a bite. Also ran with the fish finder did not see alot of fish or bait maybe next time will catch some crawdads and try them thanks for the report......