PDA

View Full Version : Recon the goon for nada

GGA
08-22-2010, 03:17 PM
My second time visiting the goon for the late night bite. When I arrived at the parking lot, it was packed! There was another buddy waiting upon my arrival and already striked a small bass, from that hour until departing, "NADA". Hit the entire shoreline for nothing, not a bite. Saw some other anglers pulling some smallies but no trophies. The water level in the lake dropped from the first time visiting. I was using robo worm drop shoting. using the purple and black, then an Korean gentlemen gave me an robo worm with the curl tail"glow n dark , still nada. dont know what I'm doing wrong. but planning not visiting lake for a while. pretty far from OC. " by the way, arriving at the parking lot, unloading my gears. A gentlemen and his son gave us a heads up what was biting on the lake, and he mentioned. A camper drowned and died in the goon!!! heard the man was a camper drinking and decided to take a dip into the lake but never made it out. Eveyone be careful. :Confused:

Ffejrobins30
08-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Yup, 25 yo guy didn't realize that with high Blood Alcohol Level that you might pass out. He went for a swim, passed out in the water, and died. Happened only about 100 yds from where I was fishing last night. Didn't even hear him enter the water. Sad night to be sure.

CL SmooV
08-22-2010, 08:34 PM
wow! sad stuff. i was arriving to the goon just as the police and ambulances were arriving.

i thought maybe some campers broke out fighting or something. just sad.