PDA

View Full Version : local fishing

komaiaboyz
07-23-2007, 05:32 PM
im taking my boat out sometime this week or next week. were probably going to hit up the shoe and the breakwall. are there any other spots? what should i fish for? what should i bring

Funjunkie74
07-23-2007, 05:40 PM
im taking my boat out sometime this week or next week. were probably going to hit up the shoe and the breakwall. are there any other spots? what should i fish for? what should i bring

what should i fish for?
BASS AND BARRACUDA!!!

what should i bring?
ME!! No, just kidding. 12#, 15# and 20# setup.
12# if the bass are shy.
15# if the bass are hanging out with a few barries
20# if the barries give you problems...metal jig and REEL IN!!! :twisted:

FJ74

p.s. Before anyone else jumps all over you...post questions like this in the "Saltwater General Message Board". This section is for after you get back from your trip and post your report. Which by the way, we are looking forward to reading!! Don't forget the pictures!! FRESHY!!!

komaiaboyz
07-23-2007, 05:47 PM
i know i was going to post it in the general forum but i wasnt sure where to. im bringing a blackgold10 on a 6'6 medium light rod for the bass with 6 pound test. and im bringing a 3500 baitrunner with 15 for the barries and a okuma convector with 20 pound test on a medium heavy rod. for some sharks in the harbor. i got ton of irons and im going to pick up a scoop of bait from the bait barge.

valhalla_1_2000
07-23-2007, 05:50 PM
You look a little young to be taking your dad's boat out. You might want to reconsider, that's going to be one hell of a spanking when you get back.

Funjunkie74
07-23-2007, 05:54 PM
i know i was going to post it in the general forum but i wasnt sure where to. im bringing a blackgold10 on a 6'6 medium light rod for the bass with 6 pound test. and im bringing a 3500 baitrunner with 15 for the barries and a okuma convector with 20 pound test on a medium heavy rod. for some sharks in the harbor. i got ton of irons and im going to pick up a scoop of bait from the bait barge.

You got it! That's the set up right there!

I don't know what time you're going out, but you'll probably see some Smooth hounds and nothing much bigger. At night...well, I can't guess what'll happen then.... 8)

Funjunkie74
07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
You look a little young to be taking your dad's boat out. You might want to reconsider, that's going to be one hell of a spanking when you get back.

That could be his son...which would make him probably older you or I...or maybe just me... :lol:

komaiaboyz
07-23-2007, 06:14 PM
ahahaha noo my dad is taking me, im only 13. do you have any idea what kind of bait the bait receivers have? are there any of those monster mackeral biting like last year? also in the harbor. we were throwing out live/dead dines and the smoothies would take long runs and then bite through the line is was major fun. long hard fights. then i hoooked a leppie and i couldnt land it because it was literally pulling me in lol so i handed it off to my dad and after a 20-25 minute fight a big *** leppie came up it was easily 25 pounds. huge fish.

Funjunkie74
07-23-2007, 06:18 PM
ahahaha noo my dad is taking me, im only 13. do you have any idea what kind of bait the bait receivers have? are there any of those monster mackeral biting like last year? also in the harbor. we were throwing out live/dead dines and the smoothies would take long runs and then bite through the line is was major fun. long hard fights. then i hoooked a leppie and i couldnt land it because it was literally pulling me in lol so i handed it off to my dad and after a 20-25 minute fight a big *** leppie came up it was easily 25 pounds. huge fish.

This is fishing son, no one knows for sure what'll happen!
Lately the bait seems to be both sardines and anchovies.

I don't know about the monster macs. I've seen small ones coming over the rails at the piers. But nothing monster about it...

komaiaboyz
07-23-2007, 06:26 PM
ohh yeah haha. ok cool. the macks were monsters last year lol absolutely huge 3 pounds 4 pounds

komaiaboyz
07-24-2007, 10:57 AM
is 25 pound enough to fish an iron? its a tady blue/chrome

komaiaboyz
07-24-2007, 11:13 AM
has anyone ever dove down along the wall to check it out?

bsp
07-24-2007, 01:50 PM
25lb is more than enough to fish the iron for the cudas. Now if yellowtail were around I would bump up to either 30 or 40 because yellowtail love diving into the kelp. As for diving around the wall Fish Rap wrote about the wall in general, and the author said that when he had dove by it he saw big sheepshead and black sea bass in the underwater caves. Hope this helps.

komaiaboyz
07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
yeah because im going to go check out it out lol. my dad is too scared to go too lol.

komaiaboyz
07-27-2007, 10:31 AM
hey, does anyone know if the cudas are still biting