PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris 8/21

DaBasser
08-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I fished in a club bass tournament were I was the non-boater. We started fishing a deep trench near the dam with ice jigs. My boater partner caught two keepers within 20 min. while I was struggling with a bout of sea sickness lol. We then switched to the C-rig and my partner caught two more keepers. I finally caught a small keeper on a Texas rigged "Aaron's Magic" and my partner caught another keeper on a Texas rig also. Another fisherman near by caught a 8lber using a hula grub (luckily he wasn't part of our tourney). He was slaying them on ice jigs also. We moved to another spot near the middle of the lake, fishing in about 35 ft, with about an hour and a half to weigh in. I caught two keepers on a C-rig(Aaron's Magic) and my partner caught a keeper on a C-rig(Brush Hog) to end the day. Man it was a scorcher out there at 101 degree's.

My partner had 5 bass totaling about 18lbs and won top boater. I had 3 bass totaling a little over 8lbs and won top non-boater. We won top boat and my partner won big fish with a 4lber.

It turned out to be a great day for me despite fighting illness all day. I learned a lot from my partner as this was only my 2nd time fishing from a bass boat.

Sorry no pics this time but I hope you still enjoyed my post.

DaBasser

Pete Marino
08-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Nice job out there...

Pete

DaBasser
08-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks Pete and great job slaying them on Fri.

adiablo420
08-22-2010, 07:19 PM
nnice job out there... congrats on the win...

a321eric
08-22-2010, 07:19 PM
How do you get involved in these bass tournaments...I am moving to uc riverside next month and I want to either join a bass fishing organization or just fish bass tournaments. I'm a non boater so to speak. Can someone give me some good info on how to do this. Since I'll be living on campus there I want to start fishing at perris and dvl....right now I fish silver wood regularly. Pm for details please. It would be my dream to fish bass tournaments during college.

Thanks Eric

bassgrabber1
08-22-2010, 10:48 PM
How do you get involved in these bass tournaments...I am moving to uc riverside next month and I want to either join a bass fishing organization or just fish bass tournaments. I'm a non boater so to speak. Can someone give me some good info on how to do this. Since I'll be living on campus there I want to start fishing at perris and dvl....right now I fish silver wood regularly. Pm for details please. It would be my dream to fish bass tournaments during college.

Thanks Eric
I would like to know this also. Any info would be great.....thanx. What bass clubs are around Mo Val anyway??

Sublime-Steve
08-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Lets start 1...

DaBasser
08-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks alot adiablo420.

bassgrabber1
08-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Lets start 1...

Ok...let's do it. We will be the only Bass Club that doesn't have boats....hahaha. Actually..we could do that ...lol

DaBasser
08-23-2010, 02:11 PM
I simply googled bass clubs and chose the one nearest me. South Orange County Bassmasters (www.socb.net) is the club I joined. Check it out and see if it fits your needs.

bassgrabber1
08-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Thanx....I'll check it out.

Maz
08-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Really cool
I want to fish perris but I don't have a boat

DaBasser
08-24-2010, 10:39 PM
that's why I joined a Bass club, so I can have opportunities to fish on a bass boat; fish in tournaments; and fish waters throughout southern cal that I would normaly not go to.

I recently found a site that you can rent a fully rigged bass boat at www.thebasstaxi.com. It costs $150/day

Bassman1974
08-25-2010, 06:15 AM
Hey a321eric I fish in a local club "Perris Vally Bass" and we welcome anyone, we pair up the non boaters with boaters. This is a small club with great guys in it. It is very affordable and we all have a great time. Email me at jameschurch1974@gmail if you want more information.

Bassman1974
08-25-2010, 06:32 AM
For all of you that are interested in fishing in a great bass fishing club, PM me we are always looking for new members to join Perris Vally Bass, we are a small very affordable fun group of fishermen. Non boaters are welcom, we pair every non boater up with a boater. PM or e-mail me @jameschurch1974@gmail.com for more info.