PDA

View Full Version : WON Jackpot Bass Tournament REPORT 7/21

reckless_m@
07-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Fished the WON tournament this past weekend with my dad and his partner. Tourney started at 3am. Headed straight for SCI. Slow bite alllll day, no conditions anywhere on the island. It was strictly a boiler bite for us. I got a 5# to start out the day. Into the livewell he went. My dad got a 7# into the livewell and picked off a couple other 3-4# fish. Bite slowed down so we made our way to check conditions on the frontside and west end......no current, crystal clear water, and a slow tide kept the bite tough. Worked our way around the ENTIRE island for a couple more 4# fish that were tossed back. Made our way back to our original spot and they decided to bite. I got a solid 6.5# and my dads partner got a solid 6#er right next to the boat. Culled out the smaller bass and with our 3 fish bag limit we made out with a 18.75 something bag total. Some might think thats good fishing, but it was truly a tough day for SCI. The winning calico was a 9.24 caught on a BIG bait and a bag total of 24 lbs. The bait dunkers repped well with some huge sandbass, but were artificial purists. All fish on the artificials.....big baits.

All in all a fun tournament. We managed to get 7th out of 50 or so teams. I havent done of these tourneys since I was a kid, so it was a lot of fun and pressure! Hope to do some more!

Sorry, no pics.....too busy fishing and stressing. There should be a good feature on this weeks WON.

SanDimasLMB
07-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Nice job on the quality checkers :thumb:

abne
07-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Great job and report! Keep up the good work and you will win. The fish are there waiting for you to catch them. I am sure you had a good time with your buddies.

Bill

Seatech
07-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Nice going!!!

Are you by chance Benny's son (I am assuming with the RECKLESS_M@ username you are)?

Ed

~JoMama~
07-25-2007, 11:02 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/GoodOnYa.gif

reckless_m@
07-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Nice going!!!

Are you by chance Benny's son (I am assuming with the RECKLESS_M@ username you are)?

Ed

yup thats me! Are you a part of the SWBA crew as well? It was pretty much all SWBA in the top 10 for that WON tourney.

Seatech
07-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Matt,

Yeah I "fish" (more than catch) in the SWBA and have gotten to know your dad, he's a great guy. He says lots of great things about you and I think that is way kewl you guys get out and do these things together!!! Having dinner a few times with your dad and Jack Sowell has to be one of the most entertaining things I've done!

My oldest son is 12 and am looking forward to doing these tourneys with him, but we got a long way to go to catch the RECKLESS Team!!!

...and yeah, looks like the SWBA crowd did pretty well last weekend. Some of the most talented SW bass guys on the West Coast.

Ed

reckless_m@
07-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Matt,

Yeah I "fish" (more than catch) in the SWBA and have gotten to know your dad, he's a great guy. He says lots of great things about you and I think that is way kewl you guys get out and do these things together!!! Having dinner a few times with your dad and Jack Sowell has to be one of the most entertaining things I've done!

My oldest son is 12 and am looking forward to doing these tourneys with him, but we got a long way to go to catch the RECKLESS Team!!!

...and yeah, looks like the SWBA crowd did pretty well last weekend. Some of the most talented SW bass guys on the West Coast.

Ed

Thanks a lot Ed! Im totally stoked to be able to fish with my dad so often. I sorta picked the fishing back up not too long ago and now im just as addicted as everyone else, whether its sw or green bass. I try to soak in as much as I can fishing with my dad, jack, eric, and the rest of you premier bass guys. Cant wait to see your son out there too, I was about his age when me and my dad did our first sw bass tourney at the WON SMB event a few years back on the original "Reckless1" lol. Ten years later im 23, and pluggin away now more than ever! Good memories and lessons learned over the years for sure!

- matt