PDA

View Full Version : Who's duct-ing tonight?????

Lunker1979
08-20-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm gonna show all your ducters how it is done tonight. Gonna head up to Hesperia here pretty quick and fish it till about 1-2 am. Yes I'll have my camera and yes I'm gonna hammer them!!! Don't know where abouts I'm gonna fish...getting ready to scope out the maps. If anyone else is gonna be up there let me know!

trail blazer
08-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Thats what im talking abought right there,,,,GO GET,M,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Cant wait for the report,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its gonna be great!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,HUGE STRIPERS and LOTS of them,,,,,,,,,NICEEEEEEEEEE.

Slay or SKUNK ,,,youv already won 1/2 the duct battle=commitment

TRAIL BLAZER

yolo
08-22-2010, 08:55 AM
So how did it go Lunker?

cutbait
08-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Awwww... come on Lunker,,, post up!

Love the positive thinking.

Lunker1979
08-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Oh god it was a nightmare!!!! I drove out to find my spot and google earthing it and I never could find it. I was out in the sticks by Hesperia Aiport and my lifted 4x4 truck got stuck in the sand. I end up spending the next 3 hours in the dark trying to get it out. I had my gun in one hand and my flashlight out in the other. Trash and garbage all around me, it looked like I was in a frequent DUMP spot, it was bad.......I ended up finding the duct off of Farmington, no where near the area I was trying to fish.........threw the KPN for an hour for nothing. On my way home I punched myself in the head about four times and said I would be back next Friday or Saturday for a rematch. That was my official first time fishing the duct but I'm not really going to count that one. Next weekend will be the test!!! See ya next weekend boys!!

M@M
08-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Lunker1979........Sounds like you were on the wrong side of the tracks to get to the section where the Duct comes back up at the siphon, off Summit Valley Rd.
From 15 fwy go East on Main st.
Right on C st
1st right on Walnut
Left at stop sign.( Sante Fe Rd aka Summit Valley Rd.)
1/2 mile past airport take left on paved rd.
Follow to end, park and walk to duct.....check google maps..
It's never a good time getting stuck in the sand especially in the dark!
Next time you get stuck maybe instead of a gun and flashlight a shovel would work better!:Smile:

Please if you see me at the Duct no shooting....you have to catch fish like the rest of us..........Tight lines and good luck.......You might see me there, I'm usually a lone fisherman .... and I'm not packing ....so be cool:Wink:....It's actually very peaceful in this area, lots of bicyclist and dog walkers.................Your next trip I'm sure will be better..........yet it can still be a Nightmare fishing the Hesperia DUCT:Explode:...looking forward to your report!

a321eric
08-22-2010, 12:51 PM
how is the duct fishing back there on summit valley by the airport. i have always wanted to check it out..im not much of a duct fishermen but i have a couple lures that might work. i have lucky craft pointers and BBZ spro's. is the fishing worth it back in there

trail blazer
08-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Oh god it was a nightmare!!!! I drove out to find my spot and google earthing it and I never could find it. I was out in the sticks by Hesperia Aiport and my lifted 4x4 truck got stuck in the sand. I end up spending the next 3 hours in the dark trying to get it out. I had my gun in one hand and my flashlight out in the other. Trash and garbage all around me, it looked like I was in a frequent DUMP spot, it was bad.......I ended up finding the duct off of Farmington, no where near the area I was trying to fish.........threw the KPN for an hour for nothing. On my way home I punched myself in the head about four times and said I would be back next Friday or Saturday for a rematch. That was my official first time fishing the duct but I'm not really going to count that one. Next weekend will be the test!!! See ya next weekend boys!!

Thats paying your duct dues bro,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WTG BIGTIME on the effort,,,,,,,,,you got the right idea,,,,,,,,IT WILL PAY OFF!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,That 1st duct striper will be SAWEET VICTORY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Cant wait,,,,,,,,,,,,keep us posted,,,,,,!

Lunker1979
08-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Lunker1979........Sounds like you were on the wrong side of the tracks to get to the section where the Duct comes back up at the siphon, off Summit Valley Rd.
From 15 fwy go East on Main st.
Right on C st
1st right on Walnut
Left at stop sign.( Sante Fe Rd aka Summit Valley Rd.)
1/2 mile past airport take left on paved rd.
Follow to end, park and walk to duct.....check google maps..
It's never a good time getting stuck in the sand especially in the dark!
Next time you get stuck maybe instead of a gun and flashlight a shovel would work better!:Smile:

Please if you see me at the Duct no shooting....you have to catch fish like the rest of us..........Tight lines and good luck.......You might see me there, I'm usually a lone fisherman .... and I'm not packing ....so be cool:Wink:....It's actually very peaceful in this area, lots of bicyclist and dog walkers.................Your next trip I'm sure will be better..........yet it can still be a Nightmare fishing the Hesperia DUCT:Explode:...looking forward to your report!

Does the paves rd you turn lecft on have a name?? I ended up turning left on the Lor FLores rd?? I think that was the name of it. Took that back a ways and that's where I got stuck. I was staring at the Google earth map in my hand and I still made a wrong turn. I'm an idiot!! I'll be back again either Friday or Saturday with better results. M@M, when you park how far of a walk is it???? Are we talking like a few 100 yards or a mile??

M@M
08-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Lunker 1979, You'll see a fenced area with some cement cylinders in it, on the left, just before you get to the turn. I don't know if that rd has a name(I've never seen one) It's only about maybe a 100 yds to the duct, if that. You'll see the walk- in gate and a SMALL parking area and possibly some cars. Last Thursday there were a few cars. (Cat fisherman and bicyclist)...Los Flores Rd has a bridge crossing the duct 1 mi. from where you park...that's where I caught my DD....I'll be happy to show you how to get there, or meet up with you to fish sometime. This weekend I can't go, my daughter is getting married in Big Bear. But just about any other time it's on! Tight Lines, Mike

Lunker1979
08-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Ok, I drove by that in my adventure before I got stuck. I was driving back and forth looking for the duct and I think I passed it a few times. I was starting to think the best way to go would be off Highway 138 like going to Silverwood, then when you hit the dam area, stay to the left and you could find it easier. Ok good.....I'll go this weekend and see how it goes. I'm going to try and go every weekend now until I catch a DD, so it should be fun. I was up at Arrowhead Village today with the wife and daughter. Weather is beautiful up there right now. Let me know when you get back and are ready to rock and roll!!

M@M
08-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Remember.. when you take the left off Summit Valley Rd.,follow it to top of the hill,you'll see a small parking area. Then only a short walk. That whole section is approx. a 2 mi. stretch from siphon to siphon. You can see it on google maps. Water has been moving FAST with some veggies.

NooB SaBass
08-30-2010, 08:43 AM
I'd Go if my Damn License wasn't suspended hahaha, man sounds like you had a rough time though bro =/ gl on ur next outting. If you need a duct partner I got a rod who bugs me every night and I have to tell her tomorrow every time lol...