PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need an advice on striped bass fishing...please...

Fishyfishy
08-20-2010, 12:18 PM
I have been fishing for striped bass at Castaic and so far, no catch. I need some advice on what type of rig would be the best to catch striped bass, what line should I use, the size of the hook, and the bait. My kids has been asking to catch some cuz they love eating the fish. I appreciate your help...

Thanks, Fishyfishy ><@>

dixoncider
08-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Boat or shore? You should check out the clinic there this weekend...

Lowe Boat
08-20-2010, 08:55 PM
The ULTIMATE WAY to learn to fish for stripers is to take a lesson from Trout Only. (see logo top of this page.) You will have a wonderful experience. All you need to bring is your lunch and fishing license. Trout Only supplies the boat poles and gear. Myself and another fisherman went with Trout Only last summer, caught plenty of fish and had a blast!!! Beside teaching conventional bait and waite fishing, Trout Only can teach you how to use an umbrella rig, trolling or other types of fishing. Trout Only is so dedicated to fishing that even when he does not have clients he goes to the lake to fish by himself just to scout out and learn where the fish are. I promise you will not be disappointed. Trout Only is extremly patient, thats a real plus for people like me that ask alot of questions, even the same question more than once.
If you want lessons at other lakes Trout Only knows them also.
P.S Trout Only did not ask me to write this.

Guy with bent rod 818
08-22-2010, 06:30 AM
From the shore you need access to water 20-60' min. , 6-10lb line 2' leader preferably flourocarbon.
Baits as follows 1)Double crawler-using baitholder hooks thread nightcrawler on hook 1/2-3/4" then hook
another crawler through band twice and inflate with worm pump. Cast carefully and strong, long cast is
important.
2) crawler bloodworm combo - thread 2"piece of bloodworm onto baitholder hook then hook crawler twice through band and inflate. Bloodworms bite be careful! Saltwater bloodworms,not panfish worms!
When fishing from shore set pole upright ,not in your hands on the ground, and set bite indicators. Bait and Wait
If in boat you can anchor or drift fish . Bait with fresh dead dines best bet. Fish on the bottom or middle of
water column. Fly line 1 1/2" chunks on 4-6lb line flouro. Try to keep bait in 30-60' range .
Crawlers also effective in this manner .
Another important note is that Mr Stripey is always moving and he can travel in packs . Dont get to far away from your rod Cause when you do That is when he bites
Go Stick em NO RELEASE, fill the ice chest

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-26-2010, 10:14 AM
I have been fishing for striped bass at Castaic and so far, no catch. I need some advice on what type of rig would be the best to catch striped bass, what line should I use, the size of the hook, and the bait. My kids has been asking to catch some cuz they love eating the fish. I appreciate your help...

Thanks, Fishyfishy ><@>
go out on a boat....flyline or splitshot with 6-8 lb test...

Cut Dines,anchovies or even crawlers at certain times....

sometime real light bites so be very tentative...

flyline rig is simple...tie the hook on and fish...

splitshot...tie a hook on...crimp a splitshot 18" to 26" above and fish....

Main thing is to just get out there

Fishyfishy
09-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Thank you for your advice...We'll try to make appointment with the pro, Trout Only...

Fishyfishy
09-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the advice...We'll try it... ;)

Fishyfishy
09-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Thank you...We will try your technique...