PDA

View Full Version : As good as a senko

stressD
08-19-2010, 11:55 PM
I need some suggestions, whats a good alternative to senkos, or in other words cheaper but works as good? I have some alternative in mind but don't know if they're any good. I'm considering the yum dinger and wave worm tiki stick, any advise and other brand suggestions will be much appreciated.

xjdesertfox
08-20-2010, 12:00 AM
bass pro shops stick-o worms

theyre identical to senkos and sink flylined just the same with a slight wiggle as they go down.

theyre $5 for a pack of 18 when not on sale and $3.50 when theyre on sale.

stressD
08-20-2010, 12:13 AM
forgot to mention, i was searching online and decided to look for a good deal on the OG senkos, but came upon a load of listings on ebay for fakes that were labeled as senko minus the yamamoto. has anyone tried any of those?

is senko some generic term in Japanese? anyone know?

xjdesertfox
08-20-2010, 12:18 AM
well, people generally refer to any of the plastic worms of that size as "senkos", just like how people call braid "spectra" when only few companies make their braid with "spectra".

The BPS worms are good, youll be impressed. check them out.

PokerFish
08-20-2010, 12:19 AM
The reviews on this stick bait seem to be very positive. I've caught tons of fish on Senkos but have been looking for a cheaper alternative as well....I'm definitely gonna give these a shot

bass pro shops stick-o worms

theyre identical to senkos and sink flylined just the same with a slight wiggle as they go down.

theyre $5 for a pack of 18 when not on sale and $3.50 when theyre on sale.

stressD
08-20-2010, 12:24 AM
well, people generally refer to any of the plastic worms of that size as "senkos", just like how people call braid "spectra" when only few companies make their braid with "spectra".

The BPS worms are good, youll be impressed. check them out.

ty for the info, i'll definitely have to try the BPS worms

cutbait
08-20-2010, 08:12 AM
The kinami baits at walmart are exact samething as yamamoto brand. Infact, its yamamotos son. Colors aren't quite the same but they work just as well. Here's a tip for wacky rigging that extends ur baits use. Find a smaller size o ring as the worm, slide it to the center of the bait and hook the worm through the o ring.

PokerFish
08-20-2010, 03:26 PM
The kinami baits at walmart are exact samething as yamamoto brand. Infact, its yamamotos son. Colors aren't quite the same but they work just as well. Here's a tip for wacky rigging that extends ur baits use. Find a smaller size o ring as the worm, slide it to the center of the bait and hook the worm through the o ring.

The Kinami baits are the same thing but they are still pricey....these BPS ones are significantly cheaper, just have to see if they work as well.

BassEngineer
08-20-2010, 03:56 PM
I think the YUM dingers are the closest in softness and feel.
I also use the BPS clones. They don’t feel as nice as Senko’s but I don’t think the fish can tell the difference until they bite down on it.

Try wacky rigging a Zoome Finesse worm or Zoom trick worm...these work great too. I fish these the most since they are much cheaper then Senkos (you get 20 for about $4.00) and I get just as many bites if not more.

EL_CHIDO
08-20-2010, 04:10 PM
I know they're not much cheaper, but I have to say my go-to brand right now is Berkeley Gulp Sinking Minnow

Here's a tip for wacky rigging that extends ur baits use. Find a smaller size o ring as the worm, slide it to the center of the bait and hook the worm through the o ring.
I do the same thing. Using the cap of a pen or marker helps with sliding the O ring on.

FishinElectrician
08-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Believe it or not, Cabelas Glo Stiks are some good lookin baits. And they shimmy on the fall pretty good, too! I got some stares from some big ol Bass at the Lagoon yesterday, but none seemed to eager to bite...

I think Cabelas discontinued them tho, because theyre givin away for $1.99 for a 10 pack... The reviews werent too bad, either...

Ray Lopez
08-24-2010, 09:08 PM
I've been useing the Strike King 5" Shim E Stick you can pick them up at walmart for about 2.89 to 3.00 for a pack of 8. They work just as well if not better then the senko and less then half the price. Looks just like the senko in every way. Plus they have a anise sent to them and are heavily salted. Been using them allot in the last 2 months and they are paying off big time.