PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Fishing Clinic / Seminar - Located at Lagoon Saturday Sept 25th 11am to 5pm

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-19-2010, 03:30 PM
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/FishingClinic2010finaldraft--toPRINT-jpeg.jpg

SDDave
08-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Awesome deal I'll add this to my calender, Where exactly is it going to be, hopefully there allowing you to use the CSUN building in Paradise cove.

Elkubano13
08-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Definately show up to this, sounds like a gooood time

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Awesome deal I'll add this to my calender, Where exactly is it going to be, hopefully there allowing you to use the CSUN building in Paradise cove.

I'll be located in the heart of the event allong with all the other vendors...don't quote me but I beleive it's lot #9 but I am not 100% on that yet.

Last year I did it utilizing 2 canopies in my booth and another canopy in another area with folding chairs for the seminar attendee's....

Hoep to see you and many other Fnn'rs out there..

the Castaic Days event is free of charge, just the regular parking fee's apply..

fun for the kids too....a WHOLE lot going on out there that day....

check the castaic website for a flyer for the castaic days event details !

Gary

Fire Ball
08-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Sounds cool! Maybe I'll go if I'm not fishing. :Envious:

radray
08-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Gary,

I am glad to see you are sharing your fishing knowledge with others. It is through education that people become better fishermen/fisherwomen. As these new generation of fishermen get educated, I hope they realize the importance of keeping the lakes and oceans clean instead of taking it for granted and hoping others will clean their mess for them. Also, I hope they realize the importance of catch and release to preserve various species for the future generation.
To all,
I have fished with Gary before and if you get the chance attend his seminar. I guarantee you will learn a lot from him. He is a very knowledgeable and a successful fisherman. Just look at the forum and you will see pics of his catches.

BIG0FISH
08-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Gary, you are an awesomely cool dude for teaching newbies and youngsters how to fish.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Gary, you are an awesomely cool dude for teaching newbies and youngsters how to fish.
Thanks to both you and Radray for the kind words...

As I've grown, I realize fishing has been such a wonderfull passtime for me with such great rewards (in fishing and in life ) It's time to give back to the community and society...this will be the 2nd year I've put this on and I usually do other projects at the lake to edjucate as well...

To me, fishing isn't just about going out and catching fish nowadays, it's somehow evoking the spirit that is good about fishing....good times....conradery....honesty...

All good things, I try to encourage this as much as possible, if I can help just 1 person get on to their 1st fish....or 1st HAWG.....I'll lay down my bottom dollar that they end up sharing those things down the line to someone else....

The fishing chain begins....

good times....

Good people !

if you catch fish...that makes things all the better...

Just trying to give those things a little boost : )

Thanks there my friends...

hope to see you all out there : )

Gary

Hitts0n
08-23-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm there brotha ! I have weekends off now !

Ray Lopez
08-23-2010, 10:23 PM
hey Gary let me know if you want me to stop by again this year to help out at the booth. Had a blast last year, hopefully they bring back that fishing game too lol.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-26-2010, 03:38 PM
hey Gary let me know if you want me to stop by again this year to help out at the booth. Had a blast last year, hopefully they bring back that fishing game too lol.
Thanks Ray but I think I'm OK at this point regarding help.

I can get the fishing game but that requires for me to have power to my booth which becomes much more complicated, so I passed on the fishing simulator this year in order to streamline the booth ...

Thanks again for the offer though,
Gary

Born 2 Fish
09-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Thanks Gary,

My wife and I will see you there. We are looking forward to meeting with you. We want to fish Castaic more and need to learn more about the lake and ways to fish it.

trail blazer
09-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Kudos to you gary for keeping the seminar an annual thing,,,,,I SALLUTE YOU MY FRIEND!!.

Hope we<THE BAKO BOYS> can make it,,,,,,,,,would be cool.

Keep an eye out for us in the crouds,,,,,,,,Il be the one wearing this aROUND MY NECK

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2879.jpg

BLING STYLINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

5BassReaper7
09-12-2010, 10:19 AM
count me in gary ill be there this is my first time so i think you said to check on the castaic flyer right to get all the info?

5BassReaper7
09-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Kudos to you gary for keeping the seminar an annual thing,,,,,I SALLUTE YOU MY FRIEND!!.

Hope we<THE BAKO BOYS> can make it,,,,,,,,,would be cool.

Keep an eye out for us in the crouds,,,,,,,,Il be the one wearing this aROUND MY NECK

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2879.jpg

BLING STYLINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

lmao congrats..... when was this ?

JimmisLine
09-12-2010, 04:00 PM
This sounds Great! I've been thinking about Large Mouth, & striped Bass fishing and getting into it. This perfect.
Count me in. Do I need reservation? Thanks, - Jim

trail blazer
09-12-2010, 04:22 PM
lmao congrats..... when was this ?

10/17/09

coming up again real soon,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hope you can make it.

Everyone that wants to learn anything abought f,water fishing should check out gary,s booth.

He,s an accomplished fisherman with the verbal skill,s to teach others what he knows,,,I KNOW,,,I fish with him often

Hope i can make it myself,,,,,,,

TRAIL BLAZER

kill_obet
09-17-2010, 01:28 PM
gary is d' man!!! hoping that i can go and take some pictures...

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Hello hope to see everyone there.

JUST TO BE CLEAR:

This event is NEXT SATURDAY OCTOBER 25TH

Born 2 fish
5bassreaper7
Jimmisline

Please come up and introduce yourselves as I won’t know who you are till you do.

To answer a few of the questions I saw above:

*No reservations needed but for the seminar portion of the booth, I only have 15 seats available under the canopy but all are welcome but may not be able to sit down, last year we had it pretty much maxed out with standing room capacity so if you need to sit, I’d show up a little early or bring a folding chair.

*All information pertaining to the fishing clinic/seminars is listed above on my flyer along with the days schedule, we should be having our beloved T/O (trout only – Bob) making a guest appearance in the booth for the day and with a little luck I just may be able to talk him into doing a striper seminar as well : ) how’s that for a treat ? Bob is chock-full of knowledge so it should prove to be helpful for all that attend.

*I'll also have breeze71 (Hiro) in the booth assisting and he'll be doing live striper jig tying demonstrations, Hiro's jigs are some serious hardware, anyone wishing to see how it's done shouldn't miss it. I'll tye a few if I have time as well : )

*If anyone wants further info regarding the Castaic days event (much to do for the family or individual) you can access it on their website for a complete list of festivities @ www.castaicdays.com

Kill obet, hope to see you there a few photographs would be the bomb as I get too busy during the day to stop for any pics.

See you all there.

Sincerely,
Gary
Aka… feelthesteel

synenergy52
09-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Gary I gotta get out there again sometime soon. I wonder if you remember me? I still owe you some 4-lb fishing line. Thanks for showing me the magic out there. See you soon

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Gary I gotta get out there again sometime soon. I wonder if you remember me? I still owe you some 4-lb fishing line. Thanks for showing me the magic out there. See you soon

I'll be honest, I do meet quite a few people in my many forays, I cannot remember a clear picture of your face but I do remember the happenstance where you needed some lighter weight line and I gave you the spool....it's was the lagoon if I recall correctly.

No worries, you don't owe me anything, just help your fellow angler and pass the whole thing along...it's all good..

Maybe we'll see you out there saturday at the booth.

till then..

Good Luck,
Gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-23-2010, 11:58 AM
2 DAYS TO GO

And counting....

see ya saturday : )

sndspeed
09-27-2010, 12:07 AM
Hey all, just wanted to thank Gary (let 'em feel the steel) for his superior clinic at Castaic Days this Saturday.
Bratwurst...check, strawberry lemonade...check, time to sit down and soak-up some of the fine info Gary was willing to share! I was there at the end of the presentation (from 3 to 5pm) and I think the slightly sparse turn out to Castaic Days in general was due to the scorching temps and the failure of online flyers to mention that the lake would be waiving its admission / parking fee... I came expecting to pay the $11 but was delighted when the guard waived me through for free!

Anyway, Gary's talk was peppered with the kind of nuts and bolts info that is often skimmed over in all the bass magazines-- I thank him for his clear explanations, recommendations and more. Hell, the event was even star-studded with Khanh Nguyen (Mr. KPN himself) there to meet the loyal and hand out tons of free lures... O.K. I am so lying about the free swag.

It was a great afternoon however, much appreciated Gary. See ya around the dock.

Sndspeed

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Hey all, just wanted to thank Gary (let 'em feel the steel) for his superior clinic at Castaic Days this Saturday.
Bratwurst...check, strawberry lemonade...check, time to sit down and soak-up some of the fine info Gary was willing to share! I was there at the end of the presentation (from 3 to 5pm) and I think the slightly sparse turn out to Castaic Days in general was due to the scorching temps and the failure of online flyers to mention that the lake would be waiving its admission / parking fee... I came expecting to pay the $11 but was delighted when the guard waived me through for free!

Anyway, Gary's talk was peppered with the kind of nuts and bolts info that is often skimmed over in all the bass magazines-- I thank him for his clear explanations, recommendations and more. Hell, the event was even star-studded with Khanh Nguyen (Mr. KPN himself) there to meet the loyal and hand out tons of free lures... O.K. I am so lying about the free swag.

It was a great afternoon however, much appreciated Gary. See ya around the dock.

Sndspeed
Glad to see you had a good time and I hope I helped if not just a little.

Good to know that things made sense and you got something out of it, thats why I do it, to help a fellow fisherman out.

Your very welcome and thanks for the kind words.

I also note that I wasn't aware that they would be waiving the park entry fee either.

Just so I am on the same page, do you care to describe yourself so I can get a mental picture as to who you were out there ?

sndspeed
09-29-2010, 12:19 AM
Hey Gary,

I was the bearded guy, keeper sized, sitting to your left who asked a few questions. One of which was to, "Describe a 'calendar year' of fishing at Castaic." You answered by explaining the unsettled conditions still rippling forward from the drastic decreases and subsequent rises in water levels a few years back...(see I was paying attention)!

Once again, very nice of you to share your expertise and info with those of us who have simply not worked as hard as you at the craft of fishing. Castaic is a daunting lake to fish on. After all, THE CA state record LMB was landed here. The old excuse, "I don't think there are any fish in here," just won't cut it! As a youngster in the midwest, I caught perch and carp and rock bass and northern and walleye too-- and didn't have to learn all kinds of stuff meteorological! Flourocarbon (wasn't invented), water clarity wasn't an issue... "finesse" presentation, power fishing...etc, etc... We just trolled orange Lazy Ikes and soaked shiner minnows and always came home with fish! Catching bass at Castaic feels more like trying to woo a slinky California girl at a trendy L.A. club than the fishing I remember!
The skunking is the only part that feels familiar!

Sir, you are always welcome aboard my boat (unfortunately my boat is the one I rent at Castaic with the Jijatsu-hatsu funky outboard on the back-- the one that I can sometimes get to idle down to about 16 MPH for trolling). Would love to have you along just to see someone 'do it right'. There's a free Dr. Pepper in it for you (no beer on the lake you know)... maybe someday.

Thanks again for sharing some things that would otherwise take years to figure out!

Dan
(Sndspeed)

sonofdick99
09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
I was there too. I wish I could have stayed all day. There was a lot of information to be shared and I really enjoyed it.

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Hey Gary,

I was the bearded guy, keeper sized, sitting to your left who asked a few questions. One of which was to, "Describe a 'calendar year' of fishing at Castaic." You answered by explaining the unsettled conditions still rippling forward from the drastic decreases and subsequent rises in water levels a few years back...(see I was paying attention)!

Once again, very nice of you to share your expertise and info with those of us who have simply not worked as hard as you at the craft of fishing. Castaic is a daunting lake to fish on. After all, THE CA state record LMB was landed here. The old excuse, "I don't think there are any fish in here," just won't cut it! As a youngster in the midwest, I caught perch and carp and rock bass and northern and walleye too-- and didn't have to learn all kinds of stuff meteorological! Flourocarbon (wasn't invented), water clarity wasn't an issue... "finesse" presentation, power fishing...etc, etc... We just trolled orange Lazy Ikes and soaked shiner minnows and always came home with fish! Catching bass at Castaic feels more like trying to woo a slinky California girl at a trendy L.A. club than the fishing I remember!
The skunking is the only part that feels familiar!

Sir, you are always welcome aboard my boat (unfortunately my boat is the one I rent at Castaic with the Jijatsu-hatsu funky outboard on the back-- the one that I can sometimes get to idle down to about 16 MPH for trolling). Would love to have you along just to see someone 'do it right'. There's a free Dr. Pepper in it for you (no beer on the lake you know)... maybe someday.

Thanks again for sharing some things that would otherwise take years to figure out!

Dan
(Sndspeed)

Ohh, yes, I remember you now, I’m actually really glad you asked that question cause it really allowed me to get more into the heart and soul of fish behavior and a lakes metabolism.

Normally when I do these sorts of seminars, I purposely try to keep it in 2nd gear as I don’t want to get too far into the details where as the listener gets lost.

In short, I must always remind myself to make sure the info I’m giving is “digestable”.
It was actually refreshing to put it in 4th gear so to speak and let the car run wide open in certain realms.

It’s also refreshing to see that there were people out there truly listening and comprehending when I get into that level of discussion.

That all helps motivate me to do it again as it really is a whole lot of work on my end, I guess you might say it’s a labor of love for the sport.

Well to sum up, I’m really glad you enjoyed the time out there and it is apparent that you did gain something from that time and that is truly my goal for being there, knowledge is key, the more you know, the more you’ll catch.

Nothing pleases me more than to know that I’ve helped my fellow angler.

Play those things out in your minds eye that were discussed, I remember as a teen when I attended my 1st seminar and I left a different person but I’ll honestly admit that it did take a little while for the whole greater picture to sink in.

For example months later after I attended my 1st seminar, I remember having an epiphany …..something like…..OHHH….that’s what they meant….and slowly but surely the puzzle began to fit together pc by pc.

Thats one of the greatest experiences of fishing ….that you can never learn it all and it’s an ongoing experience that is fresh…new and exiting EVERY TIME OUT…

Theres not a whole lot of things in life than can produce that fresh new excitement each time out.

Good luck out there and maybe sometime we can hit the water together.

Gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-29-2010, 02:07 PM
I was there too. I wish I could have stayed all day. There was a lot of information to be shared and I really enjoyed it.
Glad you attended and enjoyed it : )

I hope you took something with you that you didn't have before.

Good luck out on the wasters : )

Gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Hey Gary,

Catching bass at Castaic feels more like trying to woo a slinky California girl at a trendy L.A. club than the fishing I remember!
Dan
(Sndspeed)

Sorry, I cannot help myself....

For years I played in hollywood rock bands and I must say ....

I woo'd many a Slinky LA club girl....many with the desired outcome as well...

maybe this has lended itself to cohersing a bass that is saying "NO" to actually mean "Yes"

who knows....

couldn't resist taking a stab at that comment !
(probably would have been funnier if I didn't have to keep it a clean version)

Ha ha ha ha..
Gary