PDA

View Full Version : Lake Cachuma - Need some advice

Angler Dan
08-18-2010, 11:07 PM
My buddy and I are taking the families camping next weekend. We are hoping to make our way to Lake Cachuma while we are there for some fishing. Anyone have any advice? We usually fish for trout in some of the local pay lakes and have only been to Cachuma once (caught a nice LMB on Powerbait as I was reeling in...go figure).

Doubtful we will get a boat, so we are looking for some locations that are relatively easy to reach. We do not mind a hike, but we do not want to spend our morning just walking. We would only fish in the early morning until about noon, so nothing overnight or evening. Based on the season, we will probably be looking for bass, although we have never done so before. Would it be better to go after cats? Any advice would be helpful - lures, line, location...

FINSMACKDOWN
08-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Was there a month ago. Had a ton of fish killing the spro bronzeyee frog in the early mornings. The white frog got bit 10-1 over the green. real slow retreive with several second pauses did the trick, they never hit it when it was moving. Also used an XPS topwater from bass pro the landed several fish. Good luck

Angler Dan
08-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Was there a month ago. Had a ton of fish killing the spro bronzeyee frog in the early mornings. The white frog got bit 10-1 over the green. real slow retreive with several second pauses did the trick, they never hit it when it was moving. Also used an XPS topwater from bass pro the landed several fish. Good luck

Any location in particular? Boat or shore?