PDA

View Full Version : How late can you fish South Lake?

STEVE IN SOCAL
08-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Heading up for bird hunting the end of October. I know it depends on weather, but was wondering if anyone has experience fishing there that late in the year. When do they stop renting boats?

flytyingreloader
08-18-2010, 03:21 PM
In better water years, I've rented boats in early October at South Lake. That's all I got.

fishin fool
08-18-2010, 03:44 PM
In better water years, I've rented boats in early October at South Lake. That's all I got.

I've fished there late in October. You should call Parchers for info on how late they rent boats. However, I think they are out of the lake by late October. The fishing is better the later you go. That holds true for all the waters up there, including back-country lakes. Just be sure to be prepared for bad weather as it can come up quickly. I was in a snow storm so bad at South Lake a few years ago that I had to go down the hill because I had no chains and the road was starting to ice over. Good luck and enjoy...

Sierra_Smitty
08-25-2010, 02:23 PM
How late we rent boats depends on weather and business. If we're still busy and the weather is favorable, we'll keep the boats in late into October. If the weather is brutal and there aren't enough folks out there to justify the expense of staffing the landing, we pack it in.

The fishing can be amazing that deep in the season....or it can be dead.

STEVE IN SOCAL
08-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks Jay-Rod...keep them in the water and I'll bring you some more avocados.

fisherboy123
08-25-2010, 04:26 PM
dont fish south lake fish north lake my uncle and i were fishing up there couple days ago and we killed em we got our limit in a hour so dont fish south lake

TroutOnly
08-25-2010, 04:42 PM
The fish wanna get fat for the winter,,,,,,,,,,,go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

STEVE IN SOCAL
08-25-2010, 05:03 PM
dont fish south lake fish north lake my uncle and i were fishing up there couple days ago and we killed em we got our limit in a hour so dont fish south lake

Quality over quantity, Grasshopper...

Sierra_Smitty
08-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks Jay-Rod...keep them in the water and I'll bring you some more avocados.

You know how we love them avocados up here my friend! Just hit me up on the phone or in email and I'll keep you posted on how things are going.

SierraPeaks
08-25-2010, 07:57 PM

This is definitely one of those "advice posts" that should be totally ignored...for quite a few reasons.

STEVE IN SOCAL
08-25-2010, 08:20 PM
I keep a 14' boat w/motor in Independence, so I can still fish as long as the weathers OK. But if you've got boats in the water, it may be easier to rent one. Weather permitting, I'll be there one way or another.

Sierra_Smitty
08-26-2010, 08:27 AM
I keep a 14' boat w/motor in Independence, so I can still fish as long as the weathers OK. But if you've got boats in the water, it may be easier to rent one. Weather permitting, I'll be there one way or another.

The water level should (according to Edison) stay high enough to launch a boat deep into the fall so ya, if you decide to bring your own, you shouldn't have any problem getting out there even if we're closed up. Hopefully you'll stick a huge brown!

Crawler
08-26-2010, 05:12 PM
This is definitely one of those "advice posts" that should be totally ignored...for quite a few reasons.

What are you talking about man???

I got gas at the shell station in Lone Pine on the last trip and my truck ran great all weekend. SO DONT GET GAS ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE 395!!!!!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

STEVE IN SOCAL
08-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Give the FNG some slack, I'm sure he was trying to be helpful. He'll either learn the ropes around here or get pumped out with the bilge water.

SierraPeaks
08-27-2010, 07:16 AM
What are you talking about man???

I got gas at the shell station in Lone Pine on the last trip and my truck ran great all weekend. SO DONT GET GAS ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE 395!!!!!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

LMAO.

Classic !