PDA

View Full Version : PE Jr.'s first surf Flattie & an unknown fish

pineapple express
08-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Aloha Fellow Fisherpeps,

Well... Jr & I have been wanting to hit the surf for sometime being it Wingnut inspired through his posts.
We made our way to Sunset Beach for an hour session on Thursday 8/12 from 1:30-2:30. We bought some
gulp sand worms from FV Turners and we where on our way.
It was about mid high tide with small waves...perfect. Not to mention some bikini's to distract me of why
were there. Jr.'s very first cast he nails his first ever 15" flattie in the surf. I look over and he is bendo hooting
and hollaring. His smile says it all. Thought we were in for some intense action after that. The bite never
materialized. What luck getting his bait in front of the only halibut in Sunset Beach...lol. A great mini session.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/pineapple76/100_9937.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/pineapple76/100_9938.jpg

Then later that night Jr. lands this weird looking fish at the OC Fair. Can anyone ID this fish ??? lol
He won it on the water game. Thought I'd share his victory with y'all.
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer like we are.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/pineapple76/100_9942.jpg

Til next time
PE

fisherman from long beach
08-16-2010, 05:50 PM
congrats to the jr gettin him some flat fish.and that fish is called when dadthrowsadartandpopstheballonfish.ive caught A COUPLE OF THOSE THERE TO!!

murrieta angler
08-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Hey Danny,
The smile says it all Bro. He keeps hooking up with the fish, you're gonna have to take him out more often to fix his itch!
Thanks for the report and pics,
Robert

Wingnut
08-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Very cool Danny, he's going to be a Hali hunter for life now. Next will be a legal! :Big Grin:

bones
08-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah....That's what I'm talking about right there. Kick some "Butt" young man!
The smile say's it all for sure......proud as heck.......Great job and I'm sure He will stick that legal very soon as long as dad puts him on the sand!

flyngby
08-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Forget the blow up fish young man!

The Big Flattie is the one that will rock your world!

Great job Dad on a great trip!

islandguy2
08-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Watup Danny. Congrats on the kids hook up!! Nice hali bradda, Ill be hitting you up soon for my next trip out in a couple of weeks, hopefully you can make it, I just got my SUV so less gas for you this time bra...Again nice hook up PE Jr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Later

Troutman65
08-17-2010, 06:06 AM
Very cool day at the beach . Congrats on your first flattie from the surf Jr. Thanks for sharing

DockRat
08-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Nice job JR.
Great Hat Too.
DR

TroutOnly
08-17-2010, 07:13 AM
That big blue fish looks like a trolly fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,great getting youre son on some flatties,,,,,,,,,,,,

pineapple express
08-17-2010, 09:36 PM
congrats to the jr gettin him some flat fish.and that fish is called when dadthrowsadartandpopstheballonfish.ive caught A COUPLE OF THOSE THERE TO!!
FFLB ~ LOL....yup. That's exactly what it's called. Good summer time fun.

Hey Danny,
The smile says it all Bro. He keeps hooking up with the fish, you're gonna have to take him out more often to fix his itch!
Thanks for the report and pics,
Robert
Mahaloz Robert... I'm sure you noticed he is out fishing me on the last few outtings. I've created on monster...lol.

Very cool Danny, he's going to be a Hali hunter for life now. Next will be a legal! :Big Grin:
Mahaloz Arthur... We are both waiting to get that legal so we can enjoy it grilled...yum.

Yeah....That's what I'm talking about right there. Kick some "Butt" young man!
The smile say's it all for sure......proud as heck.......Great job and I'm sure He will stick that legal very soon as long as dad puts him on the sand!
Mahaloz Bones... We are looking forward to a few more sessions before school starts.

Forget the blow up fish young man!

The Big Flattie is the one that will rock your world!

Great job Dad on a great trip! Mahaloz flynby... Jr.'s idea to post his Balugah fesh...lol

Watup Danny. Congrats on the kids hook up!! Nice hali bradda, Ill be hitting you up soon for my next trip out in a couple of weeks, hopefully you can make it, I just got my SUV so less gas for you this time bra...Again nice hook up PE Jr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Later
Howzit Andy... Shoots brah, we go...!!! I get my 2 1/2 dayer this weekend. I hope we get into them ><>
Congrats on the new SUV. Just hope the water warms up. This year is trips mang.

Very cool day at the beach . Congrats on your first flattie from the surf Jr. Thanks for sharing Mahaloz Patrick :o)

Nice job JR.
Great Hat Too.
DR Mahaloz DR.... GO Lakers !!!

That big blue fish looks like a trolly fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,great getting youre son on some flatties,,,,,,,,,,,,
Mahaloz TO.....now Jr & I hope to slay some stripers in Sept. Any tips ??? Please feel free to PM
Oh.... that's a good one ><> Trolly Bahluga fesh ...LOL

Native Gal
08-19-2010, 03:23 PM
PE,
Congrats on the succesful mini surf session. HUGE CONGRATS to PEJr for the flattie, awesome! I like how he is lipping his mystery catch, cool! I was thinking about the both of ya when last weekend I went to see the Waipio, HI Little League team at the Western Regional Playoffs in San Berdo, was a fun weekend. I went to Fridays game and to the championship on Sunday, hopefully I will get some pixs up soon. See you guys on the 28th!

NG
:Envious:

smokehound
08-20-2010, 03:05 AM
Dang we were over around seal last week, and all we had were a few nibbles.. Its been way tough in north OC lately! (well except the harbors, of course)

troutdog
08-20-2010, 07:03 AM
The express just keeps right on rollin, wtg JR!!!!

TD